Paul W

1/32 Tempest

...and the crowd starts to chant, "What do we want? Wyvern! When do we want it? Now!"

Hard to tell if you're being sarcastic or not...but it gives me a chuckle either way. I imagine that Mr. Fisher may not have that beast at the top of his list (crowds or not), but I did say I was dreaming...

Richard

Absolutely no sarcasm there. That beastie has been one of my favorite aircraft since my teens (in the late 1950s.) I can't really say what it is about it that "grabs" me but I'd love to see a 1/32 version in the Suez Crisis yellow/black stripes. I'll continue to dream on...

Edited by OldTroll

Scratchbuild it. Scratchbuild whatever you want, then you don't have to wait for anyone else. You can do it! Go on, surprise youself! Like Bryan! Go, Bryan!

Which reminds me, I must get on with my own models........

Tim

Edited by wunwinglow

Good morning fellow Wyvern aficionados...

No Tempest from me...too many coming in plastic to risk it as I've said before.

The Wyvern and Firebrand are both personal favorites of mine, but in these times of too many big expensive kits hitting a shrinking market I wonder if I would sell half what I needed to to recover my investment? Not likely.

The ever rising cost of kits is not only a function of their size and tooling costs but of the reduced numbers the manufacturer can sell. Maybe we will see things improve, and I can do some of these amazing aeroplanes. I want to finish both the Wyvern and the Scimitar I began a decade ago but the costs keep me looking at smaller stuff for now.

We shall see what comes.

No worries, Paul. I'll just continue buying whatever you make, especially if it is pre-WW2. Scratch buiilding a Wyvern actually sounds like a challenging project...right after I complete the Skyray, Cutlasss, Panther, Cougar and two PT-22s, LOL.

Ahh a Wyvern, Scimitar and Firebrand from Fisher Models would be fantastic, but I look forward very much to the Firefly and F-5F conversion - already bought a kit and decals in anticipation - any rough timescale when they will be released?

Have to say it's good news that a Wyvern is at least being considered! I do acknowledge the risks ( and tremendous work ) involved in producing such a kit. Hopefully conditions will allow you to go ahead sometime in the future. The Wyvern is such an appealing beast...a big muscular machine that just looks powerful sitting there...and all those prop blades!!

I'm also hoping that the Firefly V can go ahead sometime soon. One of my favourite aircraft, so thankful you're paying attention to these Fleet Air Arm icons! As I said above, I would prefer to pay more to get Fisher quality and accuracy than to see them done by Revell or Special Hobby.

Richard

Edited by R Palimaka

Hi,

I think the Gnat is actually about to happen , from two, possibly three other manufacturers..I had heard of a resin one in preparation a few years ago, and there's been talk here on LSP about vac kits as well as injection molded. I myself would like to do a Miles Magister and Master, but only time will tell...been busy with other things and trying to see which way the wind is blowing these days has become a full time job.

Paul

Does it have to be British ? I'd love a La-5 in 32nd...

Silverwings are doing one. Paul already said next up would probably be a Swiss Hunter T.58 conversion, F-5F conversion, Firefly V, and maybe a vac/resin kit - here's hoping it's a Wyvern or Firebrand.

Edited by Kagemusha