Paul W

1/32 Tempest

isn't the wing on the hobbycraft Sea Fury all to ****? I just looked at mine and it is a very strange aerofoil section, almost upside down. It would be easier to make a Tempest from scratch and just get it right first time, than try to sort out something that is weird to start with.

Anyway, I'm loving building my Trumpeter Swordfish, will get the AEW 1 Skyraider if it ever appears (as well as the Jaguars and Buccaneer....) and in the meantime,I am girding my loins in preparation for a scratchbuild. I can't wait for ever for someone to do a kit of my favourite types. Derek, plans are enlarged, CAD files I have started plotting, but I might need a hand matching the yellow for those Suez stripes......

Tim

isn't the wing on the hobbycraft Sea Fury all to ****? I just looked at mine and it is a very strange aerofoil section, almost upside down. It would be easier to make a Tempest from scratch and just get it right first time, than try to sort out something that is weird to start with.

Anyway, I'm loving building my Trumpeter Swordfish, will get the AEW 1 Skyraider if it ever appears (as well as the Jaguars and Buccaneer....) and in the meantime,I am girding my loins in preparation for a scratchbuild. I can't wait for ever for someone to do a kit of my favourite types. Derek, plans are enlarged, CAD files I have started plotting, but I might need a hand matching the yellow for those Suez stripes......

Tim

I agree with you Tim. I can't wait to see a Suez era Sea Hawk take shape - the yellow is bright with the merest tinge of orange to it (RAF ident yellow). Due to the urgency, many aircraft were hand painted by brush without masking so were pretty rough and ready in the paint application department, others had the luxury of being painted in a more professional manner.

Cheers

Derek

Sometimes I can't understand manufacturers in our hobby. Types like Tempest, Typhoon, MB5, P51H etc would sell well. Instead you see obscure types such as MS406 , P35, Caudron next to the obligatory 109, 190's etc. Don't these people listen what us going on forums (fora, forii)? Who cares if two manufacturers bring out the same type. There' s a market for verything. Just keep it simple an let the aftermarket guys fill in the gaps. There's enough plastic wasted on yey another 109/190. Oehhh politically incorrect.....I like it.

Cees

Sometimes I can't understand manufacturers in our hobby. Types like Tempest, Typhoon, MB5, P51H etc would sell well. Instead you see obscure types such as MS406 , P35, Caudron next to the obligatory 109, 190's etc. Don't these people listen what us going on forums (fora, forii)? Who cares if two manufacturers bring out the same type. There' s a market for verything. Just keep it simple an let the aftermarket guys fill in the gaps. There's enough plastic wasted on yey another 109/190. Oehhh politically incorrect.....I like it. Cees

There's room for all of them (except maybe more 109s and 190s :innocent: ). I'm one of those who is thrilled that the MS406 (which is not obscure) and Caudron C.714 were done, and that we're also going to see more aircraft from the smaller combatants. It would be pretty boring if they were ignored.

At the same time I agree it's puzzling why some important types haven't been done yet. The Tempest and Typhoon are prime examples. And why did it take so long for a 1/32 Spitfire IX to appear? Maybe there are a few in this forum who know how subjects are chosen by manufacturers, but it seems like a mystery to the rest of us. And although the MB.5 is one of my top 10 favourite aircraft, I don't really see it selling all that well.

In the meantime, 1/32 kits are being released faster than I can build anyway...

Richard

Edited by R Palimaka

In the meantime, 1/32 kits are being released faster than I can build anyway...

Exactly !! Not that I wouldn't love a Tempest, but I have decades of work in my to-do list of already released kits, ranging from pretty good to fantastic...

That kit is going to sell like hotcakes. I plan on buying two myself.

I hope it is a good kit, as I have never built anything by that company. But, good, bad or indifferent, I still will be a buyer!

The MPM Tempest is real. They have pictures of the master on their website. I can't wait for it. I plan to buy one as soon as it comes out. Then maybe I'll go back and do the MDC Typhoon to sit next to it and compare the two. Both such powerful aircraft, and so pretty.

Matt :party0023:

Kit SH32049. Hawker Tempest Mk.V. Price: € 55.00! Also listed as "Comming" (sic) is:

Kit SH32056. FIAT G.50 bis. Price: € 55.00!

Stein

Maybe this topic could be closed? Apparently Fisher is not going to do a Tempest and other companies are, so perhaps a new topic in the appropriate forum is called for? Just my 2 cents...I guess it's really up to Paul.

O.K...

Now that we got the Tempest...Paul will have plenty of time (maybe !!!) to work on his Banshee!

Would love to get one...specially in CDN Navy markings!

Well, I've got my 1/32 vac Tempest primed so, we all know what happens next, a flood of mainstream Tempests! :doh:

Now that a Tempest has been sorted, Paul can concentrate on something else. Personally I'm thrilled that he's considering a 1/32 Firefly, one of my favourite aircraft and not one likely to come from anyone else. And to be honest, I would rather have it done by Paul than anyone else.

A Wyvern would be a dream! Maybe later?...

Richard

A Wyvern would be a dream! Maybe later?...

...and the crowd starts to chant, "What do we want? Wyvern! When do we want it? Now!"