Sign in to follow this  
Lancman

Trumpy Swordfish

Hi guys I have decided eventually to enter with my contribution of the Trumpy Swordfish in memory of my late father who served in the Royal Navy for 34 years from 1936-70. He saw active service through out WWII from the Med, Russian convoys to the Pacific on the carriers and pre war he started life as a stoker on Destroyers of the coast of Spain during the civil war. He decided after that it was better to be on top/outside of the ship so joined the F.A.A. in 1939 and trained to be an Air Fitter, he eventually became a Cheif Petty Officer and by all accounts a pretty fierce one at that but seemed to be well respected. He finished his service in the Careers Office and passed away in 1995. My on-going B-17 build is in memory of my old pal Larry and quite a few of his parts are built into it but thats another long running saga, hopefully I will complete this on time.The pic is the old man in the back of a Swordfish on a training flight which he managed to blag his way on.

IMG_0003.jpg

swordfish.jpg

Graham

Edited by Lancman

Nice - I too will be watching this build with great interest. I need to get me this Stringbag and at the other end of the scale the new Airfix kit (I already have the 1/48th scale Tamiya kit, and I don't even build 1/48th scale which tells you how much I love the old Stringbag). Best of luck on the build, Graham!

Regards,

Jason