Airfix Mosquito

Chris E

Hey Guys,

Well, I've gone and done it. I thought I would see what all the fuss is about with this Mosquito......and I'm not disappointed! :speak_cool: (well....there are quite a few ejector pin marks!). Overall, it's a fantastic kit and will be a joy to build. It will make a superb kit straight from the box. I have seen some fantastic builds of this kit on these forums, so I hope I can do it justice.

But....me being me, I can't build straight out the box, lol. I think I may have mild OCD :unsure:.

I've made a start on the cockpit and gun bay, with a bit of added detail, check it out:

20120311_104316.jpg

20120311_104405.jpg

20120311_104445.jpg

This may take a while...... :blink:

Chris.

I've made a start on the cockpit and gun bay, with a bit of added detail, check it out:

Well that's the first understatement of this build!!!!!

A "bit" of added detail??? :evil_laugh:

I'll be watching your usual magic on this one Chris!

Phil :speak_cool: :popcorn:

Thanks Smudger!

Phil, I've seen your Sea Mosquito and if mine turns out half a good as that, I'll be very happy indeed. That's a superb build!

These are the 2 schemes i'm thinking of doing, need to choose one. I'm leaning towards the Special Coastal Duties one at the moment.....

Scheme1.jpg

Scheme2.jpg

Chris.

Nice schemes Chris!

Imho an FB VI HAS to have invasion stripes!!!

Personally I'd go for the EDSG(much lighter in reality than the profile) and sky.

Love those red spinners!

Phil :speak_cool:

Thanks for the comments guys!

Phil, you are right about the invasion stripes :speak_cool: That profile pic is a little dark. Extra Dark Sea Grey is indeed a bit lighter than it shows in the pic.

Wurzacher, the book i'm using is called 'Mosquito FB.VI - Airframe, systems and RAF wartime usage' by Dave Brown. It's actually been reviewed on these forums here:

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/reviews/review.php?rid=331

It really is the only book you will need for Mosquito reference, it's superb!

Chris.

Wurzacher, the book i'm using is called 'Mosquito FB.VI - Airframe, systems and RAF wartime usage' by Dave Brown. It's actually been reviewed on these forums here:

Chris.

Thanks a lot Chris! Order already send to my favourite bookshop! :D

Thomas

Guest Peterpools

Chris

Wonderful start on the Mosquito. The wiring and detailing your adding looks terrific. I'm with Mark, time to buy more solder and wire.

Peter

:speak_cool:

Nice stuff

Thanks for the comments guys!

Phil, you are right about the invasion stripes :speak_cool: That profile pic is a little dark. Extra Dark Sea Grey is indeed a bit lighter than it shows in the pic.

Chris.

Great book, I am using the same one for my build. :speak_cool:

Wow, super nice detail work, but I bet that pit will be heavy with all that lead wire. Well, a must follow for me cause I've just got me one of those monster.

I always thought it will be a funny dio with a figure holding a fly squator in his hand and the title of it be..."Oh my" :rofl: