Cunumdrum61

Informal poll, Please Vote!

Not really into space stuff but would definitely buy this. Was a kiddo when all the moon stuff was going on and I remember the LEM big time. Yes here for sure...

Guest TimC

Hmmm....how tall would a 1/32 Saturn V Rocket be? It would be an interesting piece of history since I watched the first lunar landing on TV in school when I was a kid. I'd be inclined to purchase one if the price wasn't too steep. By "too steep" I mean more than $50.

EDIT: In 1/32 the Saturn V would be approximately 11.5 feet (3.46 meters) tall. I'd have to cut a hole in my roof to display the thing...that would go over like a fart in church with the Mrs.

Edited by TimC

Yup - I'd have one. I love anything to do with the Apollo missions. Perhaps a "docking" Command Service Module as well (at a later date) ?

Grant.

It would have to depend on how, and I really don't want to say "how accurate it is", but how much it "looked" like the lander, then yes I would get one. Especially if it included the astronauts. Like Dragon's release.

Jim

I would buy a Lunar lander if the price stayed under $75.00.

I have eyed the Apollo Command Module for many years,

but could see no sense in buying it without the reason for it in the first place,

the craft that actually lands on the moon!

Every now-and-then a 32nd LEM comes up on eBay, but they go for crazy money.

I would recommend building a Lunar lander that complements the Revell kit rather than a whole new "series" to buy.

Mike

Edited by pennausamike

Many moons ago(pun intended) my dad worked for NASA during the Apollo program,we lived in coco beach which isnt far from Cape Kennedy. It was an awsome site to watch the launch on tv and then go outside and see the Saturn V climbing into the sky,with dishes rattling in the cupboards from noise of it all! :speak_cool: Back on point! I would definitly get one and build it in tribute for my Dad.

Hmmm....how tall would a 1/32 Saturn V Rocket be? It would be an interesting piece of history since I watched the first lunar landing on TV in school when I was a kid. I'd be inclined to purchase one if the price wasn't too steep. By "too steep" I mean more than $50.

EDIT: In 1/32 the Saturn V would be approximately 11.5 feet (3.46 meters) tall. I'd have to cut a hole in my roof to display the thing...that would go over like a fart in church with the Mrs.

Not :32, but this might be your best bet for something on the large side.

Dragon Saturn V

I would love one. The foil to simulate all those "space blankets" is a great idea.

I have the Dragon kit un 1/48 and the gold paint does not really work that well.

Radu

Hm, a large scale CSM/LM combination would be really interesting to me. As does other early manned space flight stuff. Mercury/Gemini/Apollo as well as their Soviet counterparts Vostok/Voskhod/Soyuz :)

Definitely not my thing, I am not into space thingys

Did you know that all members can now set up proper polls here like us staff set up for kit of the year?

Guest TimC

Not :32, but this might be your best bet for something on the large side.

Dragon Saturn V

I've seen that and almost bought it until I discovered it was prebuilt. 1.5 meters high (5 feet) is a pretty impressive model but I just had to pass. I don't do prebuilt kits.