flyboy9994

Airfix 1/24 Stuka

Hey all. Just started this Stuka and thought I may submit it here for my first LSP group build. Only thing done is cockpit so I hope it qualifies for the 25% rule? Nothing fancy. Definitely no super detailing. Just getting back into the hobby after a 20+ year absence so I'm concentrating on basic modeling skills and I'm totally addicted to these big kits!! Definitely not worried about accuracy yet but any comments welcome. Here we go!!

0168c152.jpg

8093339a.jpg

55842177.jpg

01ebcaed.jpg

Hello flyboy - welcome to LSP and this GB :hi:

The big Airfix Stuka is one aircraft that I feel is not featured as a model build enough, so I look forward to following this build :popcorn:

Cheers

Derek

Thanks for the welcome Gents.

I was a little worried about this kit at first as it's obviously an older molding. Pretty rough looking at first with obvious warpage and lot's of flash etc. Also a LOT of loose parts in the box and parts trees are not numbered in sequence at all. Spending a lot of time hunting for parts either loose or on the trees. I also had a major part totally missing. I sent a part request via e-mail to Airfix and had the part in about 10 days. Not bad as I was expecting a month or more. Overall, my initial fears are mostly unfounded as the kit is actually building fairly well.

I'm pretty much using this kit to get warmed up as I have several top tier kits in my stash I'm dying to get to: Tamiya 1/32 Spitfires and the new 1/32 Mustang along with several 1/24 Trumpeter kits and 1/32 scale jets so it looks like I'll be here for awhile. Also have completed a few armor kits but my heart is with these larger airplane kits for sure.

Anyway, it's a beautiful dreary, rainy day outside and I'm off work for the next 5 days. Going to maximize my bench time for sure before "lawnmower" weather gets here. More pics soon.

Randy

Thanks again. Going to put this one on hold for a little while as I'm going to try and participate in the Mustang GB. A little late I know but should be able to pull it off by June 1st... I hope...

Be back soon!!

Randy

Thanks again. Going to put this one on hold for a little while as I'm going to try and participate in the Mustang GB. A little late I know but should be able to pull it off by June 1st... I hope...

Be back soon!!

Randy

Randy,

how goes it?

Was the Mustang build to be finished on June 1st..if so How did you fare? :whistle:

I am waiting patiently and keep checking in here to see this build..I will wait and will check back soon.. :wicked:

Good Luck..