Need Fw190 Help

ChrisS

Yes, thank you Chris.

What I want to know is: Is it the classic splinter camo with these two other colors, or something different?

Also, while we're at it, what are the RLM numbers for these colors?

Jerry,

Thanks a million sir, I knew you would be the man with the plan :rolleyes:

Just use the email button below. Thanks again sir!

PS: What is that little white figure under the canopy? is it the number "73" ?

Chris,

here are two pics of Nowotnys A-6 410004...

The scheme seems to be the "normal" 190 zickzack scheme.

The "73" was actually a lucky "13"!!

The 8 between the chevrons could be a reference to previous aircraft....

greetings

Menelaos

post-2-1100722247_thumb.jpg

Hi Chris;

Sorry I have taken so long to answer but our server has been up and down then up again, so here is the scheme for Nowotny's A-5. JG 54 used some unusual colors, so far not identified 100% but in this case, Nowotny's Fw 190 A-5 appears to be RLM 70/71 that was painted over the base camo colors of 74/75. In this case, Claes' profile is accurate in that respect. The upper wings match value wise and seem to be the same color combination of 70/71. I have some unpublished photos of this a/c which helps to confirm this color information. Keep in mind, that these greens are painted over gray and if the paint isn't thickly applied, it will have a different value than if 70/71 was painted over metal. Which, in that case would have been a thicker application of the paint. Yes, the small number under his cockpit is '13' his lucky number and the small white 8 in the middle of the << is a reference to one of his earlier 109s. This a/c is an A-5 not an A-6. This is verified by W. Nr. and loss records.

The top view we are posting for you and others is from our newest Fw 190 A-5 sheet, EagleCals #82-32. On the next sheet, #83-32, we have also included Nowotny's "White 4", another colorful a/c.

HTH

Jerry

post-2-1100824924_thumb.jpg

Sweet,

Just as I had presumed. Fantastic. Thank you very much Jerry!

So; using the Hase Fw190 A-5 I will not need to worry about conversion to A-6? That's good news, maybe I'll finish it within a year then :lol:

One more question: If you look at the three profiles in this thread you can see that the top one is shown with only the inboard MG151, the second profile shows pretty clearly the more "forward" outboard MGFF instalation of the A-6, while the thrid shows the MGFF installed further "back" into the wing as in the A-3 and A-4.

So I ask ya....Which is it?

I think I'll be sticking to Thunderbolts after this...they are easier to keep track of :D

Thanks again~

PS: When can I get my hands on a copy of #82-32?

Hi Chris,

You are more than welcome. I'm glad I had the information to help. This a/c did not have outboard cannons. Be prepared ,when the 1/32 or 1/24 P-47 kits come out, I can't wait, I'm going to be asking for your help! I hope you don't mind. Good luck with your project . Keep in touch.

Cheers, Jerry