Trumpeter F-117A WIP .... FINISHED!!!!

ericg

That shot next to Showtime 100 just shows how big the F-117 really is. Amazed to open the 1/48 box and realise how big it is. Is the kit ejection seat underscale - it looks a bit that way,the top of the seat should be up above that last lightning hole?

An impressive model... the weapons look good finished.

Hi Dave, I used the Quickboost seat, and next to the kit seat it is certainly smaller. I think I have a pic of the 2 side by side in an earlier post. I raised the seat by about 3mm to what you see it now.

Good plan, it's beautifully paint but looks noticably underscale when down that low. Looking forward to seeing it at QMHE... it will take up a whole lot of real estate on the comp table.

Unfortunately, Trumpeter haven't depicted the throttles!! As a pilot myself, there are a few things that are a MUST HAVE in my model cockpits.

Some of the nicest aircraft that I have flown over long distances didn't need a throttle Eric, but you had to pick the day though. :)

Dave, Looking at a few more pics you are right, I might rip it out and take it up a bit higher. The only problem will be the sides of the seat may be too high compared to the side consoles if you know what I mean. I may even just leave it where it is!

Dave, Looking at a few more pics you are right, I might rip it out and take it up a bit higher. The only problem will be the sides of the seat may be too high compared to the side consoles if you know what I mean. I may even just leave it where it is!

At his point, you're just asking for trouble ripping it out. If it were me, I'd leave well enough alone. Do what everyone else who enters QMHE knowing something should look a little different does, omit the relevant reference photos ;)

Dave, I usually ask for trouble on all of my builds and end up coming away a better modeller for it!. Look forward to catching up with you at the event. Will be there most of the weekend. Glad I finally made it to Dave's model pages on facebook by the way.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Future the inside of the window before you close it up, and especially if you will be using super glue. My experience is that future protects the plastic from fogging.

Sincerely,

Mark

Firstly, great build Eric.  You've inspired me to buy this kit and build it some day.  

Mark - can you provide a link to this product?  A google of future + modelling doesn't really help me much  ;-)

Dave