paul fisher

Skyray coming soon!

...and we expect to be shipping in late July. That would be another two month of waiting for this kit.

So what?!

Paul, looks like you and your team are doing a great job again. I will definitely get one of these! :goodjob:

Guest Vulcan32

Hi Starfighter,

I have paid for this kit 3 month ago, and I have to work hard for my money. The next kit I will order when it´s available and not when it´s going to be released "very soon", that´s what I have learned.

Heinz

"Pre"-oredering, is just that..........ordering something previous to its actual release.

It seems fairly standard these days with the complexity and size of kits in our scale. I can understand wanting your order if you have paid, but when pre-ordering its always understood that you are paying in advance for something that is not out yet, (unless you have been given some guarantee of delivery date which i have never heard of the entire time Ive been in modeling) and that its release date is not set in stone for obvious reasons.

I have always subscribed to the idea that if I dont have the disposable cash to plunk down for a pre-order, im not going to sacrifice cash that could be needed else where, to get it if there is not a concrete release date.

Unless I am mistaken, "very soon" is just what it sounds like...........a rough I idea on the release date with no actual date mentioned.

Brian

Thanks for the reply Paul. I know EXACTLY where you are at right now. We just recently had to take away both my fathers and moms drivers licenses, their car, and move them into an assisted living facility as none of the kids were able to continue to care for them full time. It was, and still is gut wrenching and heartbreaking.

Great news on the Sky Ray.

Hope you dont mind me putting up a couple pics from the link you just posted (let me know if not and I will remove them) :

masterstapedup1.jpg

Skyrayconsolesanddash.jpg

IMG_8875.jpg

masterstapedup.jpg

Brian

Dang, do those castings look flawless or what? Why can't all the resin manufacturers make parts of this quality?

I wish I was more of a jet guy....but sadly this particular subject just does not interest me. I am always looking for excuse to buy another Fisher kit....

Regarding the "pre-order" situation, I pre-ordered both the Sea Fury and the Red Baron, and they came pretty quickly thereafter. If there are delays in this case, I am sure it is not without a good reason.

Hi Starfighter,

I have paid for this kit 3 month ago, and I have to work hard for my money. The next kit I will order when it´s available and not when it´s going to be released "very soon", that´s what I have learned.

n

Heinz

Heinz,

While I understand that you want your kit, please understand that designing a kit from scratch while incorporating new technology and design practices can be challenging, often resulting in delays. The only reassurance I can give you is that this will be the best kit yet. With each release the envelope gets pushed a little further in regards to details. An example of this in the design of the Skyray was the wheelbays. This was an area that I was responsible for and I can tell you that they are very detailed with the correct structural angle stiffners, corrugated sheetmetal patterns, rivits, and lofted aerofoil chord shapes. When you get your kit please look at these areas closely because I have a ridiculous amount of hours making sure they are right. the same goes for the burner can/fan section of the engine. I redid this area several times to get it right. If that means that the kit is a little late so be it. I'd rather have my name associated with a gem than with something that will get panned for no going the extra mile. I think the best kit designers are model builders and I'm one of those too. When you see the detail and you experience the fit you will understand its the tiny things that make the most of a kit. We could have easily passed on doing all of the rediculous rivits in the bays and on the gear covers, but it just wouldn't look right without them. Same with the subtle rivets around the burner can, they NEED to be there. I spent so much time on this kit, I really don't want to look at it anymore, but I hope that all of you can't take your eyes off of it when you get it. So sit tight and grab something out of the stash and before you know it, it will be there and if you want to pass blame, pass it on me, because it's not quick or easy to get it done right.

Brian

Guest Vulcan32

O.K., I´ll try to be more patient.

The thing is, that I´m also running a small company and I have to do it in a very different way. Two years ago when my father passed away I missed his funeral because I had to finish a job in Germany to stay in business. Maybe this is a reason why I have a different look on making business.

So I hope you can understand me a little bit.

Greetings, Heinz

Give it as much time as you need to make it a gem, whilst staying in business !

Plus it's good to know we may have a bit of time to restock the cash supply between the Ryan and the Skyray !

Hubert.

Edited by MostlyRacers

Heinz,

even though I can understand you point of view, I can perfectly understand Brian. Having said that, I have to tell you that I am actually working in model business as well, being a project engineer for a major German model car manufacturer. It's about details and the demands of the person(s) who are responsible for the product, just as Brian said. Then, developing a scale model always includes unforeseen challenges and problems which have to be overcome - and as every model is different, the challenges and problems are different each time as well. The main problem about those unforeseen issues is that you cannot take into account the time they need to be solved when you announce a product, so delays are pretty normal.

Ben

Good morning gentlemen,

I think I should jump in here as between language differences and expectations there could be some misunderstandings.No need for things to get heated.

As many have noted, the design and creation of a kit of this nature is very rarely a straight line ..along with the usual issues that pop up when trying to make things like this, there are always outside factors that throw obstacles up. Without getting into boring detail, all I will say is that Susy and I are doing our level best to get this thing done and into your expectant hands...we have to, or we have no livelihood.You can trust me when I say the sooner we deliver, the sooner I can start breathing again.

Some may think that our company is a large operation with many people working away, and that it should therfore go faster.

"We" are myself, my wife Susy and my sister-in-law Susan (who can only work part time due to the ridiculous labor laws of the State of California).Brian is an off-site consulting engineer and designer who has been instrumental in getting us up to snuff incorporating CAD and other new technologies to make the kits better.The time and effort he devotes are enormous, and the kits continue to improve because of his , and other people's work.

We do the best we can, and with all the recent drama in our family, things are not moving as swiftly as we would like, but they are progressing.

No effort to deceive or bilk anyone out of funds is meant when we offer pre-orders, it is pretty much your choice to do so or to sit tight until kits are shipping out.Some people like do it to secure a spot in the first batch of kit deliveries.Some of our customers in other countries like to use this as a way to get their order in whilst their money is worth more against the US dollar...Heinz...I will happily refund your pre-order if you would like, but with the way the euro is going v. the USD you might be better off to stay put, it's your choice and no hard feelings.I completely understand your concern.

I have been making my living manufacturing kits with my two hands for 35 years now...you don't last that long by ripping people off.

It's no secret that we have experienced delays before, it will happen again I'm sure.You can always count on Murphy's Law to be your constant companion in any creative business.You can also count on us to do everything we can to make you the best scale models money can buy.

Integrating CAD and 3D printing is allowing us here to raise the bar by improving cockpit, wheel well and other small details that just amaze me..I take a lot of pride in making models that really look like the actual airplane they're meant to, but the level of fine detail we can bring you now with these newer techniques is simply amazing.

Gotta get back to work before someone else gets upset!

Best from all of us here, and yes, it will be done soon.

Paul Fisher

Guest Vulcan32

Hello Paul,

Thank you you for your clear words and of course I will wait for the Skyray. I never thought that you will rip me off, I know that I will get the kit.

Greetings, Heinz

Thanks to Paul and crew @ FMP for this very interesting (IMHO) unusual subject in our scale.

I sincerely hope I am not stepping outside my bounds here, so if I am, please let me know and I will remove, but I found the photo-bucket public account that Paul put up linkys to the Skyray pics earlier, and saw that there were some new ones up......................

So in lue of the actual kit, I thought I might share some. Please let me know if this is not ok and I will remove ASAP -

Skyray afterburner casting:

detailscast007.jpg

Skyray burner and engine exhaust:

detailscast022.jpg

Skyray main gear bays and gear:

detailscast017.jpg

Clear windshield:

Skyraycanopy2.jpg

Cheers,

Brian

Simply AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul, take as long as you need; the work is awesome and this kit will truly set a new standard.

In fact I predict that this kit will surely be in the running if not the LSP Kit of the Year!

Thanks for posting the pictures Brian.

Barry

Simply AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul, take as long as you need; the work is awesome and this kit will truly set a new standard.

In fact I predict that this kit will surely be in the running if not the LSP Kit of the Year!

NP Barry and I TOTALLY agree. This kit, along with a straffer B-25J, are on my list of must haves coming up. THe 219 and some others are too, but this Skyray is at the top for me coming up.

I have always loved the delta config, wanting a Javalin in 32nd for ever, but knowing for the US, this is one of the few, and to me is a really purty looking air frame.

Brian