F-16 Have Glass info

Daywalker

I am looking to build a Block 50 F-16CJ from Spangdahlem AFB in the "Have Glass" finish, and am wondering if all of the jets with this finish have had the CCIP mods done. Reason I ask is, I am nearly ready to paint a non-CCIP jet and was thinking about trying to replicate this finish.

TIA!

Thanks Mike! That's exactly what I needed to know. I will save my HG finish for another build with the CCIP. Love that photo too BTW, wonder when someone will produce some decals for one of these?

Edited by Daywalker

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Mike! That's exactly what I needed to know. I will save my HG finish for another build with the CCIP. Love that photo too BTW, wonder when someone will produce some decals for one of these?

To build the jet in Mike's photo, get the Test Vipers sheet from Afterburner Decals.That sheet features the 85th TES, who owns two of the new Have Glass jets. Besides 98-0004 (shown), they also have 98-0005, which is marked as the 85th TES flagship. The markings for this jet are on the Afterburner sheet, but from 3 years ago. With the exception of the crewnames, the rest of the markings are basically the same, and may even work without any mods at all. The test squadrons also often carry really interesting loadouts.

Jake

Edited by jmel

Thanks Jake!

I have that AB decals sheet, are the stencils and other markings found on that sheet the same basic color as they are in the photo Mike provided? Trying to figure out roughly what color to begin with to replicate one of those 4th or 5th gen HG birds.

You know, that could be a problem. All the stencils appeared to me to be in Neutral gray, or something similar, rather than in gunship as on the standard Have Glass and earlier paint schemes. I hadn't thought of that. Sorry.

• 4 years later...

There seems to be two kind of greys fot the 5th generation, a really dark one and a medium kind. I want to do this bird from Duluth 148th FW. I am using the Speed Hunter decals but there is no reference for the color.

1000w_q95_zpsttomsjzo.jpeg?t=1483744975

Any help?

Thanks