Tamiya P-51D, Sinai, 1956, with Reposted Images

dodgem37

I just read through this entire thread, too many superlatives and I cannot pick the best one, absolutely stunning!!!

Mark you are a true artist and craftsman. I love the jig by the way, great idea and thanks for sharing.

Rocky

Fantastic imagery, Martin.  They are marvelous.  I love your photographic research.  That first picture must be from the 70's.  Look at those Bell Bottoms!  The 'No Step' in Hebrew reads: Lo (No) Lee-droke (related to derek-meaning road) Path.  Hebrew letters on bus reads: Eged. pronounced Eh-ged.  Pretty much the national bus service of Israel.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for all of your wonderful comments, Rocky.  I'm glad to share.

Sincerely,

Mark

Brother Bear!  I have finally got my basement finished.  The last item (which I completed this morning) was to build a galvanized angle frame that the sink could set on and re-connect the water and drain lines.

The earlier frame was made of laminated pressed board which my wife re-cycled from an office kitchen renovation.  The counter has a stainless sink and drying area, it's 60 long, too nice to ditch.  So with the base being water damaged, I removed the counter, knocked out the frame, built a new frame using galvanized angles, made an alcove to put the compressor into, and zip tied some sound absorbing material to the alcove angles.  Not perfect, but it is a hell of a lot quieter than before.

My wife and I are members of a monthly book group (we read Station Eleven for this month) and we met at out house last night.  As my wife does NOT do dishes, and we broke out the crystal and china - read hand wash - for last night I've still got dishes, pots, and pans to do this morning.

Then! I hope to do some painting.  I've got the two Messerschmitts, the Hungarian G-14 and F-4/Z Trop in line for that.

I have had some re-construction thoughts concerning the Mustang.  The wheel wells and the engine bearers/front end.  So I thought I would take a look and see what I can see.  I feel as if I built both of those areas rather hurriedly and I'm not at all convinced that I can't do better.

Brother, thanks for stopping by.

Sincerely,

Mark

You are welcome Mark, with pleasure :).

Last night I was painting the hallway and couldn't work on Avia, so while I was watching the paint drying I dug into my list and find some interesting links related IAF. And then I realized that this gorgeous build needs a boost, so there you have it. Unfortunately I am not familiar with the square script and that is a setback on my hunt for more pictures. Nevertheless , I was always fascinated by the colour variations used on Israelis Mustangs, since the blue-green often presented on colour profiles just doesn't cut it.

Have a nice Sunday.

Shalom

Martin

• 3 weeks later...

Lu, you are very kind in your praise.  Thank you.  There are a lot of people on this site who are more talented than I.  Keep looking and you will find them.

Sincerely,

Mark

Dear Mark, maybe thare are few others like You. Maybe other 3. You ( Michelangelo) , than there is Leonardo, Raffaello and Donatello.

Ciao Lu.

P.s. May I ask you wich wire cable do you use? It is very thin.

No, Rich.  No updates.  I've taken apart the wheel wells and have begun re-building them to better reflect the manual drawings I have for hydraulic, electrical, and fuel line layouts.  I've been investigating, using different diameter wires and solders to reflect each line, the combination of materials I like best.  So the going has been a little slow while I work things out.

Lu, I haven't forgotten you.  I like your artist comparison.  Especially comparing me with my most favorite of artists, Michelangelo.  I am humbled and honored.  Anything to them all being Renaissance Italian?  With a Florentine connection, too.

Sincerely,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Found my Coolpix.

DSCN5861_zpshiawhtp8.jpg

Right side.  In case you're interested: Back to Front: Silver line in the back: Air Speed Line; 2 back copper lines: Landing Gear Hydraulics; Copper line that travels the entire well length and copper line that bends forward then bends to the left: Wing Tank Fuel Line; Silver line in back of green wire insulation: Brake Line; Green insulation: a mistake, it is supposed to be only on the left side: Electrical; Red wire insulation with filament thread: Bomb Release Line, hooks up to small pulley next to Coolant line; Center: Hydraulic Line on Door Piston; Two copper and one solder: Hydraulic.  Notice Oil Tank solder is a single piece continuation into the wing.  Description continued below.

DSCN5860_zpsu6uut3p7.jpg

Left side.  The re-build took a beating.  I needed to make 2 new bulkheads.  In continuum: Front filament to white pulleys, hooks up to pulley centerboard of spring: Landing Gear to Timing Valve Cable. Notice I removed the center front opening.  That was a mistake.  Oil Lines from solder and heat shrink tube connectors and band fasteners.  Tan object is a new Fuel Filter.  Everything outboard of the Landing Gear Piston is the same.

That was a bear.  Just a few more things to repair.

Thanks for looking in.

Sincerely,

Mark