Tamiya P-51D, Sinai, 1956, with Reposted Images

dodgem37

Mark,

You need to stop right now, because:

1)  You won't see half of this detail once the engine is parked in the front of the model.  Seriously, you won't see almost everything on the bottom and very little of the front.

2)  Good luck painting around all that detail.

3)  You are making us all feel very inadequate with your scratch building skills.  Please stop it while we still have some dignity.    ;)

Chuck

Mark,

You need to stop right now, because:

1)  You won't see half of this detail once the engine is parked in the front of the model.  Seriously, you won't see almost everything on the bottom and very little of the front.

2)  Good luck painting around all that detail.

3)  You are making us all feel very inadequate with your scratch building skills.  Please stop it while we still have some dignity.    ;)

Chuck

I'm already out of dignity....can you order that from Hobbylink?

Edited by BiggTim

• 1 month later...
Guest Peterpools

Brother Bear

There is never a rush or a time frame on such precision work. I can only imagine the stress at times in creating all the components and keeping the pressure on, insuring every part will fit as envisioned. If memory serves me correctly and who actually knows if it does, we started our Mustangs together, way back when. I never envisioned you were taking yours to such a level of detail and intricacy; for sure, as time passes, she will become the jewel in your display case.

When 'stang is done, she will be done .. just enjoy the journey ... and we we all be here waiting patiently, learning and enjoying the process. :rolleyes:

Keep "em coming

Peter

keeps getting awesomer and I don't know if that is actually a word.  Nice to see Geoff is back from where ever the heck he's been. Maybe he can join back in the P-51 fun now that I started on one as well.

J

What!!!??? you started one? where??

'This will will be so cool when that engine is in place...al that eyebling to enjoy...'

I hope so, Mal.

'Also im wery curios tp see your magic touch in cockpit and wheel house.....'

You and me both!

'. . . incredible build'

Thank you, Zak.

'Truly Amazing work!!'

Thank you, Teresa.  I'm delighted you took the time to stop by for a look-see and to comment.

'. . . pretty wild detailng adventure. My hats off to you sir!'

Thank you, Mike.

No stress or pressure this go-round, Peter.  Last go-round I wasn't really 'into' it.  Earlier I even mentioned I was short-changing the build.  This go-round is different

I never envisioned this either.  I don't know what I'm going to do with a model before hand.   I just sit down with my references and see what I can see.  The more I see the more I see if I can do it.  It's all an experiment.

If I don't crash and burn before I finish, because there are no guarantees, this will be a nice piece next to my Hartmann Bf109G-14.

Thank you, Brother.

Thank you, Geoff.

'Tell me...can you actually see all those tiny things?'

If you look they will be there.

No more for the time being, Tim.  My wife has me renovating our kitchen.  Filling, sanding, and painting the cabinetry.  New hardware.  Filling, sanding, painting the walls.  Filling, sanding, painting the trim.  Repairing (leak), filling, sanding, painting the ceiling.  Finding and repairing the leak.  I see the kitchen lasting until June at least.  You know the saying: A happy wife, a happy life.

I think I might be able to grab some time after I finish the cabinetry.  But so far much of that time looks to be devoted to cleaning up the yard in preparation for the Spring Season.

Before I started to devote most of my non-working hours to the kitchen I had done some stuff.  Using HVARs from the Trumpeter F-4U-4, I think it is, I removed the fins, made new ones from .005 sheet, and did some other minor work in that area.  I also made all 12 rails the rockets set on.  All differently, I might add.  Some things never work out no matter how much you try.

I got some after-market Zero Length Rockets for half price so I think I may go with that.  I'll see.

Thank you one and all.

Sincerely,

Mark

No more for the time being, Tim.  My wife has me renovating our kitchen.  Filling, sanding, and painting the cabinetry.  New hardware.  Filling, sanding, painting the walls.  Filling, sanding, painting the trim.  Repairing (leak), filling, sanding, painting the ceiling.  Finding and repairing the leak.  I see the kitchen lasting until June at least.  You know the saying: A happy wife, a happy life.

I think I might be able to grab some time after I finish the cabinetry.  But so far much of that time looks to be devoted to cleaning up the yard in preparation for the Spring Season.

I feel your pain, I built a desk and new cabinetry in the kitchen earlier this year for my wife, and there are quite a few things waiting as soon as my foot heals up (plantar fasciitis). Last night my wife was talking with me while I did some work on the non-LSP commission build I've been spending a lot of time on lately, and I remarked that I'd be glad to get it done so I could go back to working on my own models again. She made some remark to the effect that I was already spending way too much time in my modeling cave, and that I am expected to get on with some other stuff when the commission work is over.

I guess I'd better milk that sore foot a little longer.... :)