Tamiya P-51D, Sinai, 1956, with Reposted Images

dodgem37

Learned a hard lesson since my last post.  Just because you can do it, doesn't mean you should do it.  What an effort this was.

DSCN7689_zpshtc7u7e7.jpg

While repairing the governor connection, the junction just above the pencil marks, I accidentally melted the structure.  Poor repair.  Oh well.

DSCN7690_zpss2qrx9hr.jpg

Replaced all electrical wiring with mono-filament.  Tied in the Magneto mono-filament line.  Red is Oil Instrument line.  Blue is Oil Separator Instrument line.

DSCN7691_zpsau3ft2zp.jpg

Still need to finish the Firewall and Oil Tank.  Mono-filament lines to the left.  Got the links to fit.  Lost one in the process.  Will repair that one.

Copper, blue insulation, & white rod is a newly made, simplified, and referenced Combat Fuel Pressure System Check Valve to Tee.  The rod is not glued.

DSCN7692_zpsmeem9ys3.jpg

Rebuilt the coolant connection at the nose.  As good as it's going to get.  Still needs a band and fastener.  Sure wish I could cut that heat shrink tube straight.

I'll try again later.

DSCN7693_zpsaye6tkut.jpg

Looking into the hole.  Lost a link. Dang!

DSCN7694_zpszkwamwik.jpg

Re-worked the connections in the wheel wells.  I like this layout more than the previous rendition.  Not very accurate, though.

DSCN7695_zps67tnpfjp.jpg

Other side.

DSCN7697_zps8par8kpc.jpg

Did some work on the lower Firewall.  Still more to do here.  I may have to fake it.  I'll see.

Thanks for looking in.

Sincerely,

Mark

Guest Peterpools

Brother Bear

I'm speechless and in awe ... just brilliant work and the "Gold Standard" without question.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Oh  man. I am kicking myself for missing this one to date. My next build is going to be the Tamiya P-51. Just glad I found your build. Excellent work by the way and it looks like you have top notch references. Love it!

Thank you, Totalize.  Glad you found the thread.  Welcome aboard!  My main reference is:

Airplane Parts Catalog, Army Model P-51D, British Model Mustang IV, AN 01-60JE-4, 25 July 1944, Revised 25 October 1944.

Sincerely,

Mark

• 4 weeks later...