Tamiya P-51D, Sinai, 1956, with Reposted Images

dodgem37

I have been subsribed to your wonderful build for quite a while now and will really miss your updates untill you can get back to it. Your explanations and photos are so very enlightening and full of such great ideas and energy that you end up being the best modeling teacher I could ever imagine! I will be waiting faithfully for more.

Until then I have subscribed to some of your other builds.

Wish you would do a Fw 190 in 1/32!!!

Thanks so much,

Dave

Thank you, Kevin. I did expand my envelope a bit with this build. I don't think I have tackled detail as small as this in the past. I do know I've never worked on upside down tape to hold parts on the bench as often as I have with this one. Roger on the restart.

I wish my modelling ambitions would lead to a high paying job. Thank you very much, Bud.

Thank you, Dave. Your compliments overwhelm me.

A Fw190 sounds good to me. I've got an A-6 I'd like to do in a Lt.Emil Lang 5./JG54 type of scheme (I know it should be an A-5), an A-8 I'd like to do up as Klaus Bretschneider 5./JG300, a D-9 I don't know what to do with, and an F-8 in a desert scheme. Time will tell.

Thank you.

With my deepest appreciation,

Mark

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest Peterpools

Hi Brother Bear

I remember the Mustang very well and am patiently waiting for it's return.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Thank you, Bill.  Now you know why I mentioned making the strakes.  It would be a simple production job.  You could make a metal stencil, tape sheet or strip to the back, and either score with a needle or cut.  Sand the edges and you're good to go.  You can find the curve by putting the part on a piece of upside-down tape and then cut an outline.

Brother Bear! Thanks for stopping by.  I'm afraid you, and I, will have to wait a bit longer.  Getting back to it after the Double Trouble Group Build is a good idea.  I like that.  I don't know when I'll get back to the Messerschmitts, I really am tired of looking at them.

I've changed directions from the AH-1S I was doing in the DTGB.  I decided I really didn't want to do a major conversion, but to do a bit of tinkering.  I have not asked Kevin to delete the thread, as I would like to start anew, but when that time comes I'll do so and start a new thread.  It'll be a SUFA.  By the way, weren't you doing one?  It's not in your signature.

Sincerely,

Mark

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Peterpools

Hi Brother Bear

My Sufa has been under way but has been regulated to the back of the hanger until maybe this winter, as I'm not happy with the paint work and some of the details. Just night have to devote a lot of time this winter to stripping the Sufa down and going at it again.

Peter

Thank you for stopping by, Wolf.  When I take a break from the SUFA I will mosey over to this thread and pick it up.  I'm now of the mind to tackle the engine and wheel wells.  I know by the time I finish the cockpit and wheel wells of the SUFA I will be wanting to take a break from it.  Thanks for bringing this back to my attention.

Peter, be gentle with the stripping.  I wouldn't want to see your work go the way of the first Bf109K-4 build I attempted.  I look forward to following along.  Keep up the good work, it really has been pretty tremendous.

Sincerely,

Mark