HK Models 1/32 Avro Lancaster

Royboy

Nice program - what I found intriguing was that Ewan's brother is/was a Tornado pilot for 617 Sqn (Dam Busters) and took the controls of this Lancaster during the program whilst Ewan was on board - how nice for the two brothers to share the experience.

Obant

Nice program - what I found intriguing was that Ewan's brother is/was a Tornado pilot for 617 Sqn (Dam Busters) and took the controls of this Lancaster during the program whilst Ewan was on board - how nice for the two brothers to share the experience.

Obant

Yeah! thnx for the tip by the way Grant!

Great show!

Here's some stills from the BBC docu 'Bomber Boys' with Ewan mc Gregor

just to get back on the 'subject' B)

Breathtaking.

lanc1.jpg

Yes, what a superb 90 mins of sheer unadulterated Lancaster bliss!!!

Brilliant programme and thoroughly recommended to all if you missed it on BBC tv.

I hope it comes out on DVD, I'd love to keep this one in my collection.

I loved the part where the lady riveter could still show them how to do a perfect job after all those years, and she was only sixteen when she started in the factory too!

We need more programmes like these. :speak_cool:

Roy.

I think its a sequel from their 2010 Battle of Britain programme.

in this program his brother get a training to fly a Spitfire great show

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/b00txy2q

To bad I cant find any torrent

Johan

How did I miss that one??? Just checked on the BBC's HD web site and found that it's available on DVD via Amazon. I wouldn'r be surprised if Bomber Boys wasn't released as a DVD as well in which case.

Grant

Hopefully they'll have one of these as a reference http://www.tamiya.co...ter_b/index.htm It might be stretching it to expect them to release further versions, even a Dam Buster, but I'll settle for a Mk.III.

hopefully they won't copy the bomb bay though right?

wink.gif

there may be other issues with the (albeit v nice) Tamiya Lanc, but that's one i know about - they goofed the interior layout

1328649908[/url]' post='367912']

The BoB program has been aired on TV here in Australia a couple of times already (which I duly recorded). The name "Bomber Boys" sounds familiar, but I don't recall seeing that one so far.

Kev

Hi, it was screened last Sunday night in the UK on the BBC so I'd anticipate it being shown in your neck of the woods some time soon - I don't believe it was a "repeat". Can you access the BBC's iPlayer?

Grant.

hopefully they won't copy the bomb bay though right?

wink.gif

there may be other issues with the (albeit v nice) Tamiya Lanc, but that's one i know about - they goofed the interior layout

You know more than me Nick, I just assumed - dangerous I know - that the Tamiya was the best out there, though it does seem the realm of the insane to want to model a 1/32 Lanc with its bomb-bay doors open... :wacko:

You know more than me Nick, I just assumed - dangerous I know - that the Tamiya was the best out there, though it does seem the realm of the insane to want to model a 1/32 Lanc with its bomb-bay doors open... :wacko:

I don't know,... this might look kind of cool. (Image snatched from the WWW.)

Lanc1.jpg

Edited by Typhoonattack1