Fokker Dr.I book (Kagero)

LSP_K2

For those with a passion for this aircraft (I really like the Dr.I), this book is very cool; chock full of computer renderings and historical data, this handy reference will be a big plus, I think, to those that want to add lots and lots of detail to their Fokker models, and as a nice supplement to the other references you may have. I consider it to be great value for money, (as is the case, in my opinion, with most Kagero books).

DrI3DA.jpg

Sorry Kevin! Just looked at the book now... Interesting scheme for sure!

It has everything I want Dave; over painted old style crosses on upper wing, fuselage and stabilizer (still showing through), black and white striped aft fuselage, and twin (I presume yellow), stripes aft of cockpit. Purportedly (according to the Albatros Jagdstaffeln book), a white S on the upper wing as well. (If WNW ever decides to do the venerable Dr.I, I'll probably need to buy at least five.) Not fishing,... just noting. :)

Images???

Here you go Mike, (image snatched from the WWW). It's the first Jasta 26 machine, and I believe it has marvelous potential to be very visually interesting. (This is the same image as in the Kagero & Albatros Jagstaffeln books, but of lesser quality.) In the Kagero book, the S? is much more clear, though I'm still not convinced that it is an S.

Fokker_DRI_Triplanes_of_Jasta26.jpg