Is this the former Wingscale B-25J

Sharkmouth

Has anyone else read this yet? To all those who swore off the HK version of the B-25, there is more than Martin's version of the story...

http://www.modelingmadness.com/wingscales.htm

At first, like most I thought Martin got screwed over, but it appears that may not be the case........very interesting

This link has been posted several times. I do apreciate the effort, but as the monitors have stated in more than one thread, we are NOT discusing this matter any longer. Just talk about the model.....Harv

Has anyone else read this yet? To all those who swore off the HK version of the B-25, there is more than Martin's version of the story...

http://www.modelingm...ngscalesaga.htm

At first, like most I thought Martin got screwed over, but it appears that may not be the case........very interesting

YES.

Not to be blunt or rude here, but that topic has been (and QUITE unnecessarily so I might add) already covered and locked as in most peoples opinions that is NONE of our business and should never have been brought up on a forum in the first place.

I would suggest nicely (before the admins do it NOT SO nicely) that you leave that subject to the people to whom it concerns, and as Harv said, stick to conversations about the kit iteslf.

No disrespect intended but this is not the kind of forum that promotes that sort of blatent posting about other peoples business doings........especially without any real proof of anything.

Brian

This link has been posted several times. I do apreciate the effort, but as the monitors have stated in more than one thread, we are NOT discusing this matter any longer. Just talk about the model.....Harv

Well said Harv!

Perhaps some people don't read previous posts before they add their two cents worth!!! :BANGHEAD2:

Me I'll be going for Martin's kit as I want to do the earlier RAF/RNAF schemes with those nice invasion stripes.

If I wanted to do the later version I would buy the HK kit.

Simple stuff IMHO!

Being primarily a WW1 devotee I will wait until (IF!) the various B-25s are actually in someone's shop and have an actual price before making a final decision. I wish all parties involved good luck and many (profitable) sales but based on the negative comments about the pricing of recent 1/32 single-engine models I am afraid that the actual sales of the announced 1/32 twins (let alone the 4-engined bombers) are likely to fall far short of the number needed to make such projects worthwhile for a manufacturer in the future.

And may I add to the definition of stricken, that means deleted. Having discussed this whole situation behind the scene we have decided LSP is completely neutral to all that has past under the bridge with regards to this whole situation.

Let's discuss the pending kits that both parties will offer and not the past and how they were created....... references to the past will be deleted from here forward.

Cheers

Ron

Sounds reasonable, and I wholeheartedly agree.

Edited by Typhoonattack1

It looks to me, like the same pronominal kit Martin showed us initial images of when first announced. Personally I will definitely be buying some of Martins other kits he listed, but as for the B-25, it (and the others) being REAL big, Ill likely only ever build 1 B-25, and it will DEFINITELY be the 8 .50 cal nosed strafer.

Cheers,

Brian

Brian, regarding the artwork of the parrot face Mitchell you posted in that other thread; did they all (eight gun nose versions), have the cheek gun packs removed?

Sorry...I didn't realize I must read the entire forum to ensure my post isn't a topic covered. Since the Cleaver story was posted just yesterday on MM and I saw nothing on it in the current titles, I thought I would share it......Ex-cuse me for :deadhorse: :(

Edited by ghostmech

Personally, if I ever do a 1/32 B-25, I would have to do a Doolittle Raider, as to me that is what the B-25 is most famous for. So, it looks like my best chance is the upcoming Wingscale kit and a conversion set :)

Doug

Edited by DougN

http://www.modelingmadness.com/wingscale.htm

Yes, it is an interesting read, but I still take anything Tom Cleaver says with a grain of salt the size of Gibralter... :hmmm:

So, steering again back on topic.... I'm thinking the aftermarket guys will be all over this kit. There are some great variations, and a pretty good selection of paint schemes and markings, let alone nose art. I'm sort of torn here. I'd really like to do a classic Doolittle raider, but a gun nose strafer would provide a lot of nose art options. Time will tell I guess, WNW sure has some beauties in the line-up.

Brian, regarding the artwork of the parrot face Mitchell you posted in that other thread; did they all (eight gun nose versions), have the cheek gun packs removed?

From what I read, most all started out WITH them on, then later in their service lives, the 4 cheek packs got removed, as it seemed to create cracks in the airframe (from what Ive read from the reasoning) from all of the vibration. Not sure if there was a command order to remove the cheek packs, but from what Ive read, a lot were just removed in the field.

Pacific Coast Models will sell the HK Model kitin the US:

http://www.pacmodels..._Code=HKMAir132

Regards,

WOW, good news I guess, that we wont have to order blindly from China. Nothing bad on them, just a HUGE unknown when you order from not only an over-seas company youve never heard of before , but one that is brand new from the ground up.

Ill be watching for my straffer, hopefully VERY soon from PCM!

Cheers,

Brian

From what I read, most all started out WITH them on, then later in their service lives, the 4 cheek packs got removed, as it seemed to create cracks in the airframe (from what Ive read from the reasoning) from all of the vibration. Not sure if there was a command order to remove the cheek packs, but from what Ive read, a lot were just removed in the field.

Cheers,

Brian

Thanks Brian. I was just curious, as illustration clearly depicts them as having been removed.

WOW, good news I guess, that we wont have to order blindly from China. Nothing bad on them, just a HUGE unknown when you order from not only an over-seas company youve never heard of before , but one that is brand new from the ground up.

Ill be watching for my straffer, hopefully VERY soon from PCM!

Cheers,

Brian

At $170.00 ....I think I'll pass for now

Edited by ghostmech

At $170.00 ....I think I'll pass for now

Yeah, that's a little more than I was hoping for. With PCM being the importer I guess any kind of discounts are out the window too. I get to Hong Kong occasionally, maybe I can pick one up there or we'll see what the price here in Japan looks like. I'm not a fan of Ken's policy so I don't see myself buying from a US retailer.