1/32 B-25J

Pavel

It's simple, if you want a H/J buy the HK kit, if you want a C/D buy the WingsXL release, they're both Martin's babies, just one has been adopted and carries another name.

I just really like the 489th Bombardment Squadron planes, C-Ration in particular

9UC-Ration4F.jpg

It's simple, if you want a H/J buy the HK kit, if you want a C/D buy the WingsXL release, they're both Martin's babies, just one has been adopted and carries another name.

I just really like the 489th Bombardment Squadron planes, C-Ration in particular

Indeed,there are some fantastic colour schemes for Mitchells out there.

I can recommend the book 'Warpath Across the Pacific' as an excellent reference for some of them.

My favourite is 'Lady Lil' and I hope that Eli of Zotz Decals will decide to do this one amongst others when the HK kit finally gets released. :speak_cool:

Exciting times indeed!

Roy.

My favourite is 'Lady Lil' and I hope that Eli of Zotz Decals will decide to do this one amongst others when the HK kit finally gets released. :speak_cool:

Mine too! I have ALWAYS like LIL and will be waiting for the J model straffer to come out so I can do LIL. I actually purchased a full 9 sets x18 .50 cals just for the sole purpose of doing Lady Lil when the 8 gun nose comes out.

For what its worth, back before Martin split with the J model, I even asked Eli directly about Lil when he was indicating he was going to produce 32nd Mitchell decals................and SURE ENOUGH he is (or at least WAS) going to produce a set for Lady Lil.

I KNOW Eli will do a WAY , WAY superiour job on "lil" herself, as the old Revell 48th Lil decals are not even remotely worth looking at let alone trying to re-produce to 32nd.

She is certainly a beautiful girl and the only B-25 Ill be doing............

US,%20B-25J-22,%2044-29577,%20Lady%20Lil,%20Lt%20Albert%20Beiga,%20498%20BS,%20345%20BG%20-d.jpg

Raid_on_the_China_Coast.jpg

Im STILL in love wit her! Cant wait to get my hands on a 32nd J to actually make her...............

Brian

Edited by Out2gtcha

Mine too! I have ALWAYS like LIL and will be waiting for the J model straffer to come out so I can do LIL. I actually purchased a full 9 sets x18 .50 cals just for the sole purpose of doing Lady Lil when the 8 gun nose comes out.

She is certainly a beautiful girl and the only B-25 Ill be doing............

[

Its that angry parrot again!!!!

You and I have discussed off board what the word "Lil" can stand for in UK slang.

Maybe its a lady parrot and that's why she looks angry???

Duh!!!!

Edited by PhilB

How many gallons/liters of your favorite BMF paint will one of these use up? hmm. Rolls of foil?

I wonder if when the fellow was counting the rivets, some smart guy walked by: "72, 80, 172,000" You know it always happens.

How many ................... Rolls of foil?

Was asking myself that VERY same question this morning when looking over pictures of LIL again............youd be surprised at how little foil it actually takes to cover a model...........

Now a model of THIS size maybe a different story. Ive had the same exact individual rolls of foil for a couple years now, so I may not even have to buy anymore to finish LIL. On the other hand............she IS quite a big girl........... :hmmm:

Brian

Hi Martin et al

Would it be a challenge to build a Doolittle Raid B-25B out of your upcoming C/D-model?

Regards,

Greg

yes, a great challenge. the aft fuselage is different because they moved the top turret aft.

Bruce

Is it a great stretch to think some will do a B conversion for the C/D basic kit? UH NO, I'd guess it will come from a cottage industry guy. If a Ju-88G6 can come from the basic Ju-88 kit, the B-25 should be do-able. ideally I'd like to get a C/D, and a gun nose; something about the whole: "yes,WE CAN sink your whatsasukimaru with this plane" that appeals to me. Doolittle Raiders is the classic B-25 for me, as is the Dambusters Lanc the classic.

A Doolittle raider would be the top of my B-25 list. It will probably be a conversion, but if we can make a Mistel from a Revell Ju-88 and someone is building a Zwilling for their He-111, then creative minds will come through with amazing stuff.

Tnarg

Guest Wing XL (Martin)

Hi Martin et al

Would it be a challenge to build a Doolittle Raid B-25B out of your upcoming C/D-model?

Regards,

Greg

Hello Greg,

From our oncoming B-25C/D it would be not a great problem I think.

The fuselage has the correct shape (very different from the J-model)and the top turret is positioned in the aft position.

Our C/D model kit will incorporate 2 different styles of exhausts.....the all around S-type Clayton exhausts and the earlier exhausts pipes at every engine.

It is more in detail you have to modify things, like:

•  
  • Shape and lay-out of some windows
  • Cockpit framing
  • Machine gun layout in the nose (0.30 instead of the 0.50).
  • Engine exhausts (one long at the left side and one short on the right side)
  • Some internal detail
  • Etc.

I think nothing a plastic modeller can handle.

Greetings,

Martin.

This was posted on Hyperscale by Tom Cleaver..

"The Wingscale saga as reported by Tom Cleaver.

In the past year, there has been much speculation and controversy over what happened at WingscaleXL models, with Martin Vrielink announcing that he had left that company and founded a second one, WingXL, and separating himself from the release of the eagerly-expected B-25J kits everyone thought would be on the shelves last spring.

With the recent announcement of the release of the first B-25J kit by H-K Models, there has been a lot of uninformed comment running around about the company, most of it tinged with that fine-smelling combination of anti-Chinese racism and uninformed paranoia, it might be good if the full story gets around. As is usual in these events, there is less there than meets the eye, when all the facts are laid out.

With the facts at hand, it turns out that the "good guy" (as the Great Uninformed have decided Martin Vrielink must be, regardless of the fact he has never said anything to promote that) turned out to be unable to perform that part of a business agreement he had agreed to do, and then appears to have attempted a "fast one" to cover his inability to do what he had agreed to It's as simple as that.

In fact, if blame is to be assessed, it would appear from this account below that the truth of the situation is the exact opposite of what many people in the hobby have created as "truth" out of whole cloth. There is certainly no moral foundation for a boycott of the "Chinese thieves and pirates" as some of the more uniformed, self-righteous and racist have been clamoring for.

Martin himself has said he has learned from the experience. The two companies have gone their separate ways. It would appear that all the commotion in the fever swamps of "serious modeling" may have been to no point (surprise surprise). As one commenter said on receiving this information, "It fits pretty much with my guess of what happened." So move along, nothing to see here, folks.

Below is part of an e-mail I received from the director of public relations from H-K Models. Despite his admitted "poor English," I think the facts of the story are pretty clearly laid out here.

E-mail from H-K follows:

As per the description of Wingscale incident. I have read some very negative comment on us from some of the forum. I think it is necessary to clarify and tell people the full story of Wingscale about. I wish I could explain to you with my poor English.

Wingscale is our company which registered in Hong Kong with Martin. and Wingscale NL( Holland) is the company 100% owned by Martin. and It is no permission from us.

Actually, we are the OEM tooling factory and running this business over 25 years. and we offer full design and tooling development and manufacturing for customer. we earn lot of reputation in our industries. especially in model kit business. Our client are the big brand of Model company in the world. We met Martin in 2009. and he would like to made the 1/32 F104 aircraft model kit, but he didn't get back us after we quoted him.

One year later( 2010), he came back to us again. and request to have long credit for deposit payment. By industries practices that we rejected. we must have deposit for tooling and 3D drawing development. but he shown us he is very sincerely and very passionate in modeling. that we trust him and offer that we going to setup a equal share joint venture company together in Hong Kong. and we own this item by invest same amount of capital 50/50 into this company. Finally. we established the company called Dutchscale Ltd at early beginning, then changing the name into Wingscale Ltd. we are the business partner or production partner.

The design and tooling of B-25 are going on and manufacturing by our tooling company. But the problem is the 50% investment from Martin isn't bank into our Wingsacle Ltd account. until the test shot sample was done and launched he didn't invest any money into this project. except some references book and comment on test shot sample. We pushing for this capital from him. but failed. he told us that he can not afford. Then he setup his own company in Holland called as Wingscale NL. which is no permission from us. And he convince us to ship the tooling or Kit to his Holland factory for packaging and selling, that he could financing from his bank. and then invest back to us as capital.

For Wingscale Ltd. Martin responsible for sales and marketing, as he can write and speak better English than us. As this result, he try to receive order from his own Wingscale NL. and place back the order to Wingscale Ltd. Tom. I think you are know and understand what is business for and relationship. you must know this is wrong. and should not be the partner for. Therefore we told Martin that this is not workable as for partnership. then we offer the very high commission scheme 11% from sales amount for him, and no need to investment. and condition is can't selling with Wingscale brand. as we have no idea what contract and deal he made with Wingscale NL and customer. it is risky. Anyway, he rejected. as he want to make by his own, as he earn the order and name from modeling world. and he bring 10sets of B25 testshot sample and the drawing of B-17 and Gloster Metoer from us. There are all unpaid.

When we decide to dissolve the Wingscale Ltd in beginning of 2011. he request us to paid him Euro40,000 for the time he input into Wingscale Ltd. and we accepted that if he could provide invoice or breakdown of the claim amount of Euro40,000, then we sure will paid him. Finally, he rejected to provide invoice. and threat us that he will disclose the items or project which we did for our customer( the OEM customer). and he cooperated with local mainland Chinese to develop a website called www. m-legend.com. and trying to hurt and damage our reputation. I think you might know this website. it is fake and criminality. After we stop any communicate with him and stop talk anymore. This is the full story. and truth. you might understand why he quote the price is very low, as he try to use those revenue of sales to paid us as capitalization. he was failed, but he take our B25 model kit and drawing B-17 away. I'm sure he will going copy them. You are smart. you know who is stolen.

I'm sorry for tell this long story about story, it is very frustrating. but we will going on our way, Anyway, For the quality of B-17, we have invested some unique laser machines which for making the very fine surface detail. I'm sure you will be surprises the quality of B-17 than B25. We will update you the progress and news.

"