1/32 B-25J

Pavel

Very pleased to see the Meteor!

Hopefully that might mean a T.7 or NF.11 at a later date!

Lanc - wow! Now that would be something! I had better reinforce the ceiling joists or leave a space on my study wall!

tony t

Regardless of who put it out, from my perspective, if Martin has gotten over it, and basically given his blessing to buy the kit, Im going to buy one.

However, Im likely only going to build 1 B-25 (as I do with most subjects unless Im REALLY passionate about them), and I am with Andy here, I honestly really like the J way better than the C/D, so I am definitively going to wait to get my straffer J.

Brian

Edited by Out2gtcha

You know Martin, the B 25 doesn't really do anything for me.

But i'm still gonna get it as soon as it comes out. I'm gonna pay for it. In real money. If by that time the Euro still exists.

And as soon as my favorite South- African can get it in his store..

MBB

...Well Michael, take a B-25, hold it at arms length in front of your face - looking at the nose of the model, turn the lights down so that it is nearly dark, then squint really hard...you can then imagine that the wing form, engine, props and undercarriage look a little like a P-61...;)

Derek

Edited by Derek B

...Well Michael, take a B-25, hold it at arms length in front of yor face looking at the nose of the model, turn the lights down so that it is nearly dark, then squint really hard...you can then imagine that the wing form, engine, props and undercarriage, and who know's, it may appear to look a little like a P-61...;)

Derek

LMAO :D ... just like them there CAD drawings on the HK Models page look like a Lanc???

Interesting thread, indeed. I'll go for the B-25C/D from Martin. A Lancaster with B-17 props? Well the Mk. III had Packard-built Merlins and paddle blade props. I have a large house for myself (no wife and my girlfriend lives 100 km away), with two large rooms for my modelling hobby and a nice income. I might possibly buy one Lanc and two B-17's! :D

Stein

Interesting thread, indeed. I'll go for the B-25C/D from Martin. A Lancaster with B-17 props? Well the Mk. III had Packard-built Merlins and paddle blade props. I have a large house for myself (no wife and my girlfriend lives 100 km away), with two large rooms for my modelling hobby and a nice income. I might possibly buy one Lanc and two B-17's! :D

Stein

... And a Partridge in a pear tree ... Early Christmas in 2012??? ... similar situation here - roomwise ... *sigh* life is just soooo hard sometimes :D

Rog

LMOA Derek. @ my age i only have to take my glasses off, to achieve a similar effect.

But as you know, good things come to those who wait. Does a 1/48 Beethoven conversion ring a bell to you?

MBB

Hmmm, age has the same effect on my memory as it does with your eyes!:lol: (sounds a little cryptic...a little like schrage musik possibly?)...

Derek

Edited by Derek B

Both manufacturers will be laughing at my expense because I like BOTH the J and C/D Mitchells!

I really can't wait for Martin's new kits, 2012 I think is all set to be yet another classic year for us large scalers.

I plan to get two of each of everything that comes out, twin engine wise, and one of each of the four engines even at £250 each!!

A 1/32 Lancaster has always been on my must have dream list, the two B17's also a must.

When the 1/32 B24D/J Liberators come out I'll surely be getting those too.

To top it all off I've even got my evil eye on the new Tamiya Yamato, the only trouble is will I live long enough to make all of this stuff!!?? :D

Regardless, I greatly enjoy fondling my 'next projects' in their boxes until that time comes for them to be aired and for their first time under the craft knife.

I really can't believe all of this stuff is coming......one is completely aghast!! :bow:

Happy days indeed! :beer:

Roy.

1:33 versions of the B-17 and the Lancaster have been available for some time in a medium other than plastic/resin. Also several versions of the B-25, B-26, A-26, P-61, Meteor, Kate, Val, Betty, Dinah, etc., etc., etc. are currently available in 1:33 or 1:32 scale. Paper/card models cost a fraction of the plastic/resin ones and offer as much (or more) satisfaction in construction. The downside for many is that one must actually cut out parts and shape them thus moving oneself from the "assembler" category to the "modeller" category. Instead of speculating/whining/complaining about vaporware plastic/resin kits that may never get produced, just try an existing paper model - you might actually like it. This announcement brought to by LSAM (Large Scale Any Medium.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The post above has been removed by the originator. He had over-medicated with craft glue and let his overly sarcastic fingers run away with him. In attempting to promote paper/card as a legitimate modeling medium he used the term "assembler" in describing those who take precast or pre-molded pieces and connect them to one another with adhesive in order to achieve a whole representative of a larger object. He should have used the term "put-together-guys-or-gals" which his sensitivity coaches have assured him is less demeaning. He would have apologized in person but he is still obsessively searching the KOTY candidates for the several dozen non-resin/plastic candidates that were released/published in 2011.

Posted on behalf of OT,

Balthazar "Lego Master" Grumbacher

Chairman, We Don' Need No Steenkin' Glue Guild

Edited by OldTroll

You are fearless, Ron :wicked: :lol:

I hope one day I will build a large scale plastic model and I'll be allowed to join the ranks of LSAM!

I promise to post my struggles with the different medium on the forums when time comes!

paper is for writing on and drawing pictures.

Somehow I feel like a freak of nature :rofl:.

That's OK ;)

1:33 versions of the B-17 and the Lancaster have been available for some time in a medium other than plastic/resin. Also several versions of the B-25, B-26, A-26, P-61, Meteor, Kate, Val, Betty, Dinah, etc., etc., etc. are currently available in 1:33 or 1:32 scale. Paper/card models cost a fraction of the plastic/resin ones and offer as much (or more) satisfaction in construction. The downside for many is that one must actually cut out parts and shape them thus moving oneself from the "assembler" category to the "modeller" category. Instead of speculating/whining/complaining about vaporware plastic/resin kits that may never get produced, just try an existing paper model - you might actually like it. This announcement brought to by LSAM (Large Scale Any Medium.)

Hi Ron,

I'm always completely blown away by the skills of the paper/cardboard modelers, those models always look so fabulous, but I'm a plastico and proud of it!

We each get our kicks from different strands of the hobby and I think the hobby is richer for it too.

However, I'm too old to change now, I've got too many plastic kits to divert onto another medium no matter how interesting it might be.

Besides, the future right now is far too exciting to change to something else, I love all of the debate and speculation for my side of the hobby everything else just doesn't cut it for me. :rolleyes:

Have fun with your stuff though!

Best regards, Roy.