1/32 Me 163A Komet - Scratch build tribute

Derek B

Derek

Can you not start on the wings - I thought it was the fuselage that were the revised part of Arthur's drawings..? Shame not to see this one proceed...

Matt

Hi Matt,

I'd really love to, but you know me, it there is a chance that I might make something incorrect, I won't start it! The Me 163A wings are a different shape and area to those of the Me 163B (similar sweep, the they have kinked leading edges, producing an almost inperceptable double sweep angle, have a different span and area, aerofoil shape and tip wash out). The Me 163B wings were structually very different from those of the Me 163A, as the former were designed to full military strength requirements for combat, whereas the 163A wings were always built more lightly in the best practice of gliders - and were designed for training and development, not combat.

I shall try and think of somthing else, and see if I can make it before the end of the year dead line - ideas welcomed?

Many thanks

Derek

OK, how about creating the masters for your Me 109G-12. This would be quite simple and allow you to actually do a G-12 for the GB..?

Matt

I never considered that Matt? Is it allowed in this GB?

If the mods give it a nod, then I will consider it?

Thanks for the idea Matt

Derek

I never considered that Matt? Is it allowed in this GB?

If the mods give it a nod, then I will consider it?

Of course it is Derek! You just have to start a new thread. Perhaps I should pull out my old Revell kit and join you...

Kev

Of course it is Derek! You just have to start a new thread. Perhaps I should pull out my old Revell kit and join you...

Kev

Thanks Kev - I think that I now have my new subject :speak_cool: (I will start a new WIP thread for the master pattern build as part of this GB).

Cheers

Derek

Great.

Need any refs? I've got a couple of nice photos of the inner structure of the G-12 canopy somewhere. Have I sent those to you?

Matt

I think that you may have? - I have some colour pictures of rust colured internal canopy tubular framing...Does that sound like them?

Thanks

Derek

Looking forward to the G-12. For which 109G? Hasegawa or Trumpeter?

Hi Anders,

It will be for the Hasegawa G-6 kit (I have never seen the Trumpeter kit, but I suspect that it will be close enough to fit well).

Cheers

Derek