A-4E Skyhawk...

KOTR

skyhawk01.jpg

Now here's my entry to this group build. Hasegawa's venerable A-4E/F Skyhawk, once doomed to be converted into some odd A-4M derivate. As I learned there is an A-4M to come soon, I decided to use it for a quick and dirty build almost OOB. A Master Model turned brass refueling thingy, a few home made details for the cockpit, and most likely an aftermarket ESCAPAC, when I can find one, and we're done. Markings will be for an A-4E from VF-12 "Flying Ubangis" from 1966. I was able to catch one of the remaining CAM-sheets :rolleyes::)

No specific dedication for this build, as all those missed where great guys!

Indeed, its a very nice kit, just needs a little attention in form of a panel line scriber :)

Received my aftermarket today:

skyhawk02.jpg

I just need something for the seat. Either an aftermarket (AMS Resin one, but will have to wait, and I'm on a budget), a kind donation of a Trumpy seat with some Eduard stuff, or the kit one with a nice figure. Does someone know of a nice Vietnam era pilot figure, or is willing to donate a Tamiya Phantom pilot (provided it would work for the project ahead)? Thanks in advance!

Anyways, while looking for a solution for the seat, I started engraving the kit, so not much to show, yet. Tedious work, but has to be done... :rolleyes:

Hallo Michael, you're more than welcome to have the pilot figures of one of my tamiya Phantoms, just have to check the stash, i'll get back to you.

If you can use them, shall i bring 'm to Aachen?

Gruss,

jack.

Hallo Michael, you're more than welcome to have the pilot figures of one of my tamiya Phantoms, just have to check the stash, i'll get back to you.

If you can use them, shall i bring 'm to Aachen?

Gruss,

jack.

Ah, yes, please, that would be lovely! BTW, when and why do you come to AC?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As a little side note I forgot to mention before, I am still considering to open the flaps, but I haven't finally decided, yet... :-)

Hi, i wouldn't mind coming to AC just to bring you the figure, but thinking about it, isn't the pilot figure suplied in the kit sufficient for your purpose?

I don't like the lack of a neck on Hasegawa's 1970s pilot figures, as well as their rather soft detail... ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Slow progress, but progress anyways...

skyhawk04.jpg

skyhawk05.jpg

Some locks and smallish details, and the front wheelbay door should be done.

In the meantime, I decided, I'll present the model in some kind of a mini-diorama. I'll show the plane right after hitting the carrier deck. Still hanging the cable, the airbrakes not yet fully retracted, but come to a safe stop, while a deck hand is already rushing to release the bird from its bounds. I'm sure the US Navy uses a more official term for the guy who's responsible for the job. ;) That kind of display is something new for me... :)

So I think I'll go with the kit seat - thank you for the offer, Harvey :) and will go for a pilot figure - PM inbound, Jack ;)

If you want to do something different.....

armyscooter1.jpg

:coolio:

Hm, give me a pointer...

...early J-65 engined Scooter, judging the air intakes, and there is something in front of the main gear...