1st WIP- 1/32 Hasegawa SAAF P-40K

blunce

And here's the latest update and where I'm at now. There's a bit of progress shots that I've held back that show the exterior paint weathering process, which I'll post once I'm more ready for a final reveal.

beCLT.jpg

kQM0s.jpg

dxJQa.jpg

3LeXk.jpg

YyLlW.jpg

Edited by blunce

This is fantastic work Brian! Just love the way this is turning out, and your detailed explanations of your process.

I strenuously advise you though, to switch from including the text in your photos, to normal text in a post. The main reason I say this is that vision-impaired users, who may rely on screen-reader software that reads the page text out to them, will get absolutely nothing. It's an accessibility thing. But wait! you might cry: why would blind people want to read a modelling forum anyway? Well, every website's most important user is blind: Google.

But none of that detracts from your wonderful build.

Kev

Thanks Kev!

It's far easier for me to do it this way. For one, I post to several sites, not all of which are in BBcode, so simply pasting image tags is alot easier. Also, it's alot easier to write and point to things I'm talking about in the pics than it is to try to just describe it in text below the posted pics. I'm not too worried about Google finding my builds, and I don't think the blind will get much from it either way.

Thanks though, never would've thought about that aspect of it.

That just sucks when something like that happens so late in the build. Good save removing it though. I hate trying to touch and match up paintwork. I really like your build and I'm looking forward to seeing it completed.

I like the captioned photo layout. It is good to be able to read and see the photos at the same time.

Edited by Cunumdrum61

Good save on the windscreen! I usually have something like that happen on just about every one of my builds, so I can certainly empathize :) For me, dealing with issues like this one really does help build up your modeling skills and confidence in being able to overcome obstacles (which takes lots of frustration out of building) :)

Doug

• 2 months later...

This work was done back in late April/ early May. At that point, I had some issues getting the new windscreen to blend in as good as I wanted with the rest of the aircraft, and because of that it sat for a while. Unfortunately, these are the last of any "in-progress" photos I took. The plane is now done, I'll be posting completed pics here VERY soon!

C325Q.jpg

3erIA.jpg

O8J3H.jpg

What a terrific build this is! The exhaust stubs are just fabulous. You must be very pleased with the result - despite all the hassles you went through you'd never know you had to replace the windscreen / canopy - an excellent job.

Grant.

Edited by Obant