Back in the saddle-wip vignette

JRutman

Boy do I feel stupid. :oops:

No worries buddy.

I wanted to post a pic with some primer on the PE so you could see the web gear better. The folding e-tool is a gem but I don't think it will fit into my plans here. The weapon slings included in this set are awesome.

001-136.jpg

Not intended as criticism in any way , however your kneeling NCO would more likely have his water bottle attached to one side on top of the bread bag rather than on the belt according to HDV. It would more likely be on his belt if he didn't have a bread bag . I'm not saying it's wrong , just not the way WH webbing is usual fitted together .

Lovely pair of figures and the your work on folding E tool is a treat . These figures are far more interesting than one in action IMHO .

Not intended as criticism in any way , however your kneeling NCO would more likely have his water bottle attached to one side on top of the bread bag rather than on the belt according to HDV. It would more likely be on his belt if he didn't have a bread bag . I'm not saying it's wrong , just not the way WH webbing is usual fitted together .

Lovely pair of figures and the your work on folding E tool is a treat . These figures are far more interesting than one in action IMHO .

I get what you are saying and it's true. You can't tell from the pic but the water bottle is attached to the bread bag. The clip you see in the pic is the right hand side attachment clip for the breadbag. Nice attention to detail you have to notice though.

I used to own an entire set of German web gear so I remember how it all goes.

Thanks for commenting. That means someone is looking in!

J

Great work as usual Jerry...................very convincing. :speak_cool:

"Its for my dad...................................its got blood on it."

Great movie...........cant help watching it whatever part of the movie I walk in on. Always get misty eyed at the ending. Dont look at me man, Ive got something in both my eyes! :lol:

Brian

A lot of dust in my house too Brian.

JR, I wouldn't worry about "snarky" comments, envy can rear it ugly little head anywhere. Your piece is developing nicely.

........... :rofl: .............Harv

:wow: :wow: :wow:

Jerry, this is awsome !

The hair are just amazing, how did you do that ?!

Also, I love the fact that your paintwork does match the different pieces of clothes composing the battle dress and trousers: different color each side of the stitching line :thumbsup:

Trully inspiring figure work here my friend!

Great stuff.................You should jot down a figure painting tutorial...........In sure we ALL could benefit. I know I dont add figures only based on the fact that I dont think I could do them this kind of justice.

Thanks for sharin

Brian

Thanks all,for looking in and for the words of encouragment. The hair is done with epoxy putty,painted with oils and then cotton is added from a swab and also painted with oil. I have been doing this since the 80s when I used to make Civil War figures with beards,etc.

You can also use straight pieces of animal hair from "tall grass" dio products,then paint to match. I saw a guy in Japan recently used that method when he did a dio using a MB checkpoint kit. He paints using an electronic microscope and his figures look hauntingly real.

J