• ? Special Hobby Mitsubishi A5M4 Claude
    • ? Special Hobby Nakajima Ki-27 0tsu Nate
  3. 3. The Rutman Award - Resin & Vac Kits

• ? Fisher Models Vought F7U-3M Cutlass
    • ? HPH Aero Vodochody L-29 Acrobat
    • ? HpH P-63 Kingcobra
    • ? HpH Zlin Z-126/C-105
    • ? Montex Dewoitine D-510
    • ? Planet Models Deutsche Flugzeugwerke (DFW) T-28 Floh (Flea)
    • ? Silver Wings Fairey Flycatcher
    • ? Silver Wings Hawker Hart
    • ? Silver Wings Gladiator Mk.I / Mk. II.

One problem with the poll: you have to vote in all three categories or it returns an error message. I am not familiar with the Jerry Rutman Award kits, so it meant closing my eyes and choosing. I think it would be better if you only had to vote in the categories you know a little bit about.

The forum software won't let you do it that way Bill. The only way this could be done is have three completely separate poles which would not be practical.

We should keep things in perspective also, we are not electing a new President, it's just a poll for fun.

We should keep things in perspective also, we are not electing a new President, it's just a poll for fun.

Thanks, Ron, for the reality check. I guess I needed that, LOL.

Fun is something we tend to lose sight of, sadly.

Edited by Bill Cross

Voted also for AH-1...reportedly fits very well and lots of detail. Bold move by young company and already producing top quality. Subject never in 1/32 injected before and long sought after. Hard given the sueperbulous quality of the Tamiya P51. For me the new kid on the block is ZM who are clearly punching above their weight deserved my vote.

I loved the Raiden also but Hasegawa kits seemed to have increased in price to a point where I'll only buy if they are on sale. Crazy good pilot figure in the kit though. Astonishingly sculpted.

Cmon Dragon for a Me163 and Do335

Then Nate

Then Gladiator

I have no problem not voting on the kits in terms of quality. If a person is a modeler he can overcome any slight flaw. This is why we have putty and sand paper. Also, since almost every model kit that is manufactured today is of very good to excellent quality, there is really little to choose from in terms of that.

So I voted for the models that I intend to build or felt were models of important aircraft. Well, I did cast the only vote for the Flea, but we have to keep our sense of humor going hereabouts.

By the way guys, have you noticed how many new 1/32 scale kits have hit the market last year? :bow:

There were 31 new kits in 2011. :yahoo: That is phenomenal! :clap2: Compare that number to the year 2005. Compare that number to 2000. It a bloomin' miracle! :wow:

I am happily impressed.

Stephen

By the way guys, have you noticed how many new 1/32 scale kits have hit the market last year? :bow:

There were 31 new kits in 2011. :yahoo: That is phenomenal! :clap2: Compare that number to the year 2005. Compare that number to 2000. It a bloomin' miracle! :wow:

I am happily impressed.

Stephen

Your absolutely right, great stuff.

By the way guys, have you noticed how many new 1/32 scale kits have hit the market last year? There were 31 new kits in 2011.

Of course there were many more 1:32 and 1:33 models released in 2011 in mediums other than plastic or resin - but we aren't quite ready to include them in such polls. Perhaps we modellers will someday realize that it's the models and the modelling that is important and not the medium. <<Tongue in cheek and with no ill will.>>