• ? Special Hobby Mitsubishi A5M4 Claude
    • ? Special Hobby Nakajima Ki-27 0tsu Nate
  3. 3. The Rutman Award - Resin & Vac Kits

• ? Fisher Models Vought F7U-3M Cutlass
    • ? HPH Aero Vodochody L-29 Acrobat
    • ? HpH P-63 Kingcobra
    • ? HpH Zlin Z-126/C-105
    • ? Montex Dewoitine D-510
    • ? Planet Models Deutsche Flugzeugwerke (DFW) T-28 Floh (Flea)
    • ? Silver Wings Fairey Flycatcher
    • ? Silver Wings Hawker Hart
    • ? Silver Wings Gladiator Mk.I / Mk. II.

Welcome to the LSP 2011 KOTY poll

The categories for 2011 KOTY are the same as last year:

• Mainstream Injection-moulded Kits

• Limited-Run Multimedia Kits

• The Rutman Award - Limited-Run Full Resin Kits

Once again, there are no kit assessment criteria that we've set for KOTY. We'd like you to consider your own personal criteria and cast your vote based on what you think is your favourite kit in each category. We also understand that not all of us will have had the fortune to examine or build all of the kits released. In those cases all we might suggest is that you cast your vote where you feel most comfortable. Each vote counts so if you're a guest by all means sign up, introduce yourself and become part of this rapidly growing net community.

Feel free to indicate why you chose the kits you did. Debating this is half the fun.

The LSP Moderating Team

Let the games begin.

We decided to merge some releases that were basically the same plane. As an example, the Trump A-4E and F. The thought being having two different votes for what is basically the same aircraft would cut that kit's chances of winning KOTY by 50%

We also eliminated the IL-2M3 since this kit was released in late 2011 but it has not reached the shores of North America as of today. It will be put into the 2012 KOTY list

Have fun folks

Ron

Hi Ron,

I'm not well qualified to cast my votes in two of the categories and not much better qualified in the third but what the hey?

For the full resin kit I voted for the Silver Wings Hawker Hart. I've yet to build or even purchase one of these kits but reading on-line reviews suggests a model of high quality and detail. Additionally, it fits right into my desire to build an aircraft from each era of the RAF.

For the multi-media kit I confess I stabbed a pin in a piece of paper........ :sorry:

In the mainstream injection category I voted for the Tamiya P-51D Mustang. No surprise as I've never built a more enjoyable, well engineered model kit. It brought a smile to my face and put joy in my heart.......it really is that good. ^_^

Cheers,

Guy

Bump to the first page again.

For what it's worth, I went for the Tam Mustang since this release answered the prayers of all P-51 fans and having built the kit, I can vouch that it's worth every penny. The PCM Spitty because I like all things Spitty and the the SW Hawker Hart. I have this kit and it's pretty sweet.

I voted for the Tamiya P51D and the PCM Spitty plus the SW's Fairey Flycatcher.

The Flycatcher is like all of the SW's kits, beautifully crafted, I love it!

However, I would also like to say that the Revell He111 and the BAe Hawk T1, plus the Trumpeter Su25 and Z-M Skyraider also rang my bell and deserves mentions in all relevant despatches!

My manufacturer of the year is Revell, closely followed by WNW's who are once again to be highly commended for the quality and range of their kits.

Fisher M&P, as always, reigns supreme, well done guys, but I wanted to recognise one of the other's kits for a change, now how about that Stearman? :innocent:

How lucky we are!! :bow:

Roy.

I haven't any of the kits, to be honest. But for kit of the year , I voter for the Revell 111.The Claud, only because I have this one. Mainly because of price and fit, ease of construction. Resin, I picked the Fisher Cutlass mainly because I love the aircraft and I have seen a couple done and they are beautiful !........Harv

Edited by Guest

WNW FE2b, of course.

Don't own any of the Limited Run Multi-media so I tried not to vote in that category (seemed silly to vote on something I have no experience with) but ended up with the Nate just to get my real votes counted.

Silver Wings Fairey Flycatcher, of course.

Please consider an honor system "vote only if you own it" method of voting next year.

Please consider an honor system "vote only if you own it" method of voting next year.

Unfortunately Ron that's entirely impractical. I've never even seen most of these kits, let alone own them, and I'm sure that's the same for a lot of folks. Besides, that approach really dictates that you own all of them, otherwise, how do you know the one you own is better than the one you don't? You'd still be voting blind, largely. So, in one fell swoop, we'd be reducing the eligible voting cohort to unworkable levels.

But the most important thing to remember is that this poll is conducted as a bit of fun, and a way of recapping LSP developments from the previous year.

Kev

One problem with the poll: you have to vote in all three categories or it returns an error message. I am not familiar with the Jerry Rutman Award kits, so it meant closing my eyes and choosing. I think it would be better if you only had to vote in the categories you know a little bit about.