Zoukei Mura P-51D

richdlc

latest issue of Fine Scale Modeller has a full page ad for the upcoming ZM P-51

apparently you can order it from Volks USA for $80 and this includes free shipping anywhere in the world! The advertising campaign period will be 3 months (2 months before & 1 month after kit's release) and is TBA (I'm not sure if ZM have set a release date since the magazine was published)

I dunno if that price will be the same after the advertising campaign is over but if the kit is as accurate as the Tamiya offering then it's a bargain really

It'll be interesting to see a comparison build in the future

Rich

It'll be interesting if they're permitted to ship beyond North America, which at present they aren't, incidentally there's a thread on Britmodeller which states Albion Alloys are going to be ZM's European Distributor... wonder if the stuff will sell at Telford prices... :hmmm:

Andy...any idea what were the Telford Prices were? The Mustang looks pretty incredible in the pictures. Even though the new Hasegawa kits fit almost as perfect as a kit could be made they have increased in price considerably. At this ZM price the Stang seems to be a whole lot more bang for your buck. If you don't want all the internals I guess they'd go a long way in some old Hasegawa old tool Stangs.

This is the add in FSM

Cheers Matty

post-901-0-10042300-1326552453.jpg

apparently you can order it from Volks USA for $80 and this includes free shipping anywhere in the world!

Wow, this is good news. I was kind of concerned that their prices would keep creeping up, and the A-1H going for $141 didn't bode well. But, I'd be all over the kit for $80 (assuming it doesn't have glaring shape errors).

For those that want to keep an eye on the Volks USA ZM kit page:

http://www.volksusa.com/super-wing-series.html

D

I'm thinking the low price is a direct result of the Tamiya kit being near perfect, hence negating the need for another P-51D kit in the next 20 years or so

....but if the ZM kit is as good as Tamiya's it makes sense to offer it for $80 and potentially shift a lot more units, rather than cancel the development of the kit because it wouldn't be able to stand up to the standard already set by Tamiya.

My thoughts exactly Charles! Same goes for the currency conversion for the Skyraider. Maybe the $80 USA price is for the P-51 weapon & drop tank accessory package you have to buy?? :crying:

Cheers

Brad

Edited by Brad-M

I would appreciate if anybody could drop me a line as soon as there is a notification in this model mag or another one when this special offer will start. I like nude aircraft, hehe... :whistle:

Thomas

I'll sort you out Thomas ;)

The prices at Telford were, and their conversion to Dollars and Yen;

Shinden £60, $91, Y7,074

Ta 152H £75, $115, Y8,824

Skyraider £100, $153, Y11,790

Compare to ZM Japan prices;

Shinden Y8,190

Ta 152H Y9,975

Skyraider Y13,440

and ZM USA

Shinden $80