Sukhoi SU-30 MKK Flanker

Out2gtcha

Haha Loveland is my backyard... my IPMS club is the host... its at the Budweiser Center, there is an Embassy Suites right on site, if you need a discount code... let me know.

Nice!!

One more good reason to attend. I doubt its going to get this near either one of us again for a while. :D

Edited by Out2gtcha

• 1 year later...

Haha!

hand-zombie-grave-e1325617835981_WIP.jpg

Back from beyond this one! Thanks for the kind words Dan. It was a labor of love, as the kit is quite nice fitting, but adding in all the resin with the exception of the nose (corrected on late issue SU-30 kits) and the IRST/windscreen AM (which I dont think yet is even out) it was a handful, and one HUGE model.

Cheers!

Thanks guys! It was a great project. Ray, the burner cans are from Pitz models. I thought they were out of business, but apparently they are starting up again. There is also another company making similar cans but can't think of the name offhand.

Thanks guys! It was a great project. Ray, the burner cans are from Pitz models. I thought they were out of business, but apparently they are starting up again. There is also another company making similar cans but can't think of the name offhand.

Ahhh, the mythical Pitz Models cans!!! I can see now why they are so sought after! They are beautiful in place! I have heard they cost near the same amount as the kit?

Great job on building them, too, they must have taken a lot of patience! I will have to look into them.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhh, the mythical Pitz Models cans!!! I can see now why they are so sought after! They are beautiful in place! I have heard they cost near the same amount as the kit?

Great job on building them, too, they must have taken a lot of patience! I will have to look into them.

lol, that seems to be the general consensus when I tell people that's what I used. They were not that expensive, (dont remember the price exacly but not anywhere near what I spent on the kit I dont think) but they were for SURE the most difficult single PE item ( s ) I have ever put together. I had a lot of help from Mirko of Pitz models on this, as to how best to assemble and weather them.

This is an absolute masterpiece and the 8 months spent has certainly been worth it.

Monty

THanks Monty, very kind of you to say.

Along with my WnW DH-2, this is one of my favorite builds. Ironically (as my own taste normally differ from that of most IPMS judges it seems  :rolleyes: ) they are also the only two builds that have ever swept any and all contests I entered them into including best air-craft for both.

Since it was resurrected ... I had another LOOOOOOOOOONG peek..

Yup ... OUTSTANDING...STUNNING.... GORGEOUS Flanker...

BRAVO Brian..

:bow:

Thanks Maru, very generous of you to say!

• 2 years later...

Hi 

no doubt , you are an outstanding modeler , this SU 30 is a good example of your skill as all your other builds ... in fact 

bye Alain

Little bit of a late reply Alain, but thanks for the compliment, and taking the time to post..............