Sukhoi SU-30 MKK Flanker

Out2gtcha

Hey BRAIN! :party0023: :speak_cool:

Right, got the usual sillyness out of the way, now let me think.................

Lots of builds on these forums, from amazing scratchbuilt stuff to oob, but ultimately the end result is what the final judgements rest on.

I know we have had a lot of chats about this build from paint, masking and weathering to the ups and downs we all get during such an epic build.

I know I have had to kick your arse a few times but finally I think you got the result all your hard work deserves.

I think its your best build to date and not much foiling!

I'll summarise my thoughts.

THE CUSTARD KILLER - EPIC WIN!

Thanks for sharing the build.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Brian,

...How are the Hobbit feet doing?...:P :lol:

Seriously though, I pretty well ran out of accolades during your WIP thread for this model, it is simply stunning. If you could find a suitable soviet airfield/airshow back drop for this, and photograph it in natural daylight, I would expect that most people would have extreme difficulty distinguishing your model from the full size aircraft - it's that good!

...If you do not have your own trumpet to blow, let me know and I'll lend you mine - you deserve it...

Regards

Derek

Hi mate,

I can only echo what we have all already said indeed.

I am not a jet guy at all but this build is amazing and it has been a real pleasure to follow from A to Z (was indeed difficult to resist the will to check out for updates!).

Every angle you look at her, you see lots of stupefying details and brilliant execution: assembly, painting, weathering, detailling, etc... the results are amazing and the burners are the cherrys on the cake!

:bow:

Thanks very much for sharing!

Edited by Loic

Your build thread was hell of a journey, Brian. Thanks for taking us for a ride!

I've been following with pure pleasure. It's a superb build!

Very impressive skills!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Now, get back to your P-40!

Edited by Tomek

I was looking for these finished build pics in the GB area. I'll up load some of these for the finished entries Gallery.

I don't usually comment on Jet builds often as I don't build modern jets etc. but I have to say that is one really sweet build. Very well done

Ron

Wow.

I was honestly hoping Id get a positive reaction, as when you build something you are, your own worst critic, and in this case after 8 months staring at the same build, you just kinda forget the cool stuff, and just start focusing on the things that bother you, or arnt 100% the way you wanted them.......but wasnt really expecting all this..........

Thanks so much for all of your kind words. I doubt very much if this thing is very accurate, even to the airframe I was replicating nor to an actual Flanker as I was kinda working with what Trumpy gave me, but I sincerely appreciate the compliments none the less. It really makes you feel like there are some good things there as they seem to get blanketed by all the mistakes and things you see along the way.

Thank you guys one and all, I truly appreciate all the nice sentiment.

Im going to take apart the spray booth and clean it out as I went through:

- 3/4 of a rattle can of Tam white primer

-1 full jar of 1000 Mr. surfacer

-1full jar of 1200 Mr. surfacer.

-1/2 bottle of black 1/2 bottle of gray shading

-2 full bottles of mm YZC

-6 full bottles of white

-3/4 of a rattle can of gloss clear

-1 and 1/2 bottles of gloss clear

-1 full bottle of MM flat clear.

WHEW! Lots of particulate to clean out..........then back on the RAAF P-40.

Thanks again and cheers, to all my friends. Oh and Phil as well. :lol:

Brain

Edited by Out2gtcha