1:32 Haswgawa P-40 E

Ralph Riese

Hasegawa's 32nd scale P-40E cockpit OOB with some Tamiya tape seat harnesses.

1S-5.jpg

2S-5.jpg

3S-5.jpg

4S-5.jpg

5S-5.jpg

After five coats of Future the instrument face "glass" still didn't fill the holes. Tried white glue in the past but it never dried clear. Might anyone have a better alternative that is safe to use with acrylic paints?

Thanks for looking. Cheers, Ralph.

Well, well Ralph, nice pit you have there. Very nice. Weathering is top shelf. Can't help with the clear issue tho. Maybe canopy glue?.....Harv :speak_cool:

Edited by Guest

I was just thinking of starting a P40 when I finish up the Claude, so will be really watching this one with interest!

For the instruments, I've always had great results using some epoxy to simulate the glass. Alternatively, you could punch out some cello-tape discs and place them over the instruments.

Doug

Thanks for your interest and suggestions guys - much appreciated.

Jamie: I'd hoped to find a USAAF non-sharkmouth, black-and-yellow checkertail scheme, but not been able to find an E in such a scheme. Am still searching...

Cheers, Ralph.

Looks great Ralph...

Regarding the Future problem, are you refering to how it looks great wet then shrinks up and looks less than great when it dries? I always have the same problem...I just put it on very thick (fill the recess completely) and do layer after layer until eventually it looks like it should.

Not sure why I am giving you advice though....my cockpits are nowhere near the level of yours....

Edited by Bryan

After five coats of Future the instrument face "glass" still didn't fill the holes. Tried white glue in the past but it never dried clear. Might anyone have a better alternative that is safe to use with acrylic paints?

Really great start here Ralph. My previously 1/2 finished Has PE-40E is on my bench next up.

I have had the exact same experience when using the Eduard PE on my RAAF P-40E.

I have since found that this stuff does not really shrink that much like the Future does and as its thicker, stays where you put it.

As its name bares, it definitely dries "crystal clear" -

kristalkleara.jpg

Stuff works like a gem.

Cheers,

Brian