1/32 Luftwaffe RM4 rockets?

Derek B

Hello Guys,

Just need some advice from those who know...are there any 1/32 RM4 rockets (and launchers) in any Luftwaffe aircraft kits? - I need a couple of sets for my for meine bischien rocket projekt!

Thanks

Derek

Edited by Derek B

Not sure what you mean by that simulation of typing german :P but you might have a look at Trumpeters 262, the 'Heavy Armament' release :)

You're quite correct - sorry, I never had chance to check the spelling first :) (it's meant to be a bit like 'my little pony', but actually 'my little rocket project').

Thanks for the advice, I'll have to check out the on-line reviews to see what they look like.

Thanks

Derek

Note that the Eagle racks are meant for the FW 190 and are shaped for that plane's straight wing, not with staggered slots as used on the Me 262's swept wing. The rockets look to be very good.

Edited by johng

Radu makes a lovely R4M rack for the Me262(resin and PE). I'm sure I'm not entirely crazy but I did think he was going to also make some rockets as well. They were perfect with PE fins that you could have deployed.

The Trumpeter ones are OKish...better than the old ST tool Hasegawa kits.

Radu?

Cheers Matty

I'm sure I'm not entirely crazy but I did think he was going to also make some rockets as well.

From memory, I'm pretty sure Radu mentioned that the rockets were too problematic to reproduce in resin with any degree of finesse. I could also be crazy.

Kev

I made the patterns for the Eagle Editions rockets and rack. They were designed for the FW190D-9.

I also made a set of rockets and racks that I sold in my own range. This set had resin racks with photo-etched rails and rockets with photo-etched fins. I only made 10 of these, so whoever has one, keep it safe, it is a rarity. I stoped doing that because it was a nightmare to cast the rockets due to air bubbles - the "failure rate" i.e. the number of duds per useable items (a regular occurrence in all forms of casting) made the venture unfeasible.

Now, I only have in my range the racks with photo-etched rails.

Radu

John/Kev,

Thank you very much for the advice - I shall check out Radu's store.

It is the Me 262 variant I am looking for, as I believe that for the aircraft I shall be making, they were, er, 'borrowed' off an Me 262 in the first place! I also think that only dummy RM4s were hung onto the racks as well?

Cheers

Derek