J2M3 Raiden

ajmac

Even before I finish the 109 F6 had begun the new J2M3 Raiden's Hasegawa.

The box.

J2M3Raiden001.jpg

J2M3Raiden002.jpg

J2M3Raiden003.jpg

The scheme I intend to do.

J2M3Raiden004.jpg

Test fit. Everything fits without problems unless the union at the bottom of the wings with the fuselage.

J2M3Raiden005.jpg

J2M3Raiden006.jpg

J2M3Raiden007.jpg

That is fantastic work !! Ejoying it a lot.

Do tell us how you did the chipping on the prop/spinner and the seat/floor!

Chipping was done with a sponge. After wetting the sponge with paint (enamel Tamiya X-11), apply it to an old kit to remove excess of paint. Then just apply the model. If the application does not do well just remove the paint (before I applied a coat of Future) with enamel thinner and repeat the process.

Very nice build. As soon as my model room is done, I'm gonna start this kit. You've done an outstanding job building, painting and weathering/accenting. But, before you finish, I'd like to point out one area that you might want to repaint (or not, depending on how accurate you're trying to be). The landing gear bays in Mitsubishi built aircraft were the same color as the underside of the aircraft. The same with the landing gear doors. Were this a zero manufactured by Nakajima, then your aotake in the wheel wells and gear door interiors would be correct. It's a very common mistake that's made over and over again and unless you're into Japanese aircraft such as I am, you'd probably never know. I haven't looked at the instructions lately either....Maybe Hasegawa doesn't know either; although I find that hard to believe. The same can be said for your audience...they'll probably never know unless there's a knolwedgeable IJN aircraft person in the house.