Den fighters, (forever)

LSP_K2

Cleaning off the table for a big grill-fest this weekend, so I thought I'd take a parting shot of the Typhoon as it currently sits. All seams are cleaned up and landing gear doors are in place. All I need do now is add the light covers, pilot and canopy and I'm ready to start spraying this baby. The rediscovery of plenty of my Aeromaster warbird colors, really has me jazzed up about painting this bird.

oLBWTj.jpg

• 4 months later...

Bored out of my mind yesterday afternoon, I decided to go scrounging through some of my kits, when I stumbled upon this, a mint ōtaki P-47 Thunderbolt, perfect cure for the afternoon doldrums. I've already tentatively picked a scheme, a ratty looking OD over gray, with partial invasion stripes, blue cowl, and rudder. (To be quite honest, I forgot all about the Typhoon, until just now.)

bovD1u.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Kev

Nice find for sure and together in a split second to boot ... amazing. Looking forward to the painting and weathering along with the spinning props.

I still build 48th scale kits as my build progress on the 32nd scale projects allows. After my Jug, I started the Eduard F6F-3 Hellcat and she isn't far from the paint shop right now. I haven;'t posted any build photos but shall down the road a bit. I guess on LSP, it's considered being a closet 48th scale guy when not building large scale

Keep 'em coming

Peter

I also found this, started (naturally), but appears to be 100% complete, so eventually it too will become a ceiling queen. Once I can get organized here (if that ever happens), I'll assess what kits are missing what, and buy new kits if needed, to complete those that are already well under way, assuming they're actually here at all.

gzW3ib.jpg

Kev, I'm just amazed by your bottomless supply of stash kits - not only are they there but you regularly start building them! Great stuff.

Jim

What's rather surprising to me, is the fact that I sold off a very large majority of my kits a year and a half ago or so, when I moved out of my house. Rather amusingly, I still have piles of kits all over the place in this new environment, much to the consternation of my roommate.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

A good pal has donated a complete kit to me. When I moved, I had another of these kits well underway, but lost several parts. Now that I have this kit in the stash, perhaps this will be the first to be finished for my basement WWII "display" here.

OIEDcp.jpg

Cool!  Love kits that have a pilot.

Well that too, can be a real problem. I'd made a mold from several WWII pilots from different kits, but the molds are nowhere to be found, so I'll have to start over from where I left off, once my stuff is way better organized.