Den fighters, (forever)

LSP_K2

As is typical for me, I've went ahead and drawn up the prop templates for this effort. I've gone ahead and added the phantomed in inner prop blur area as well (something unique for me), so that I can spray a central, darker pattern, with the outer edges (very dark gray and yellow) being softer, creating, I hope, a more realistic spinning prop, using better control.

BvEJ12.jpg

Nice work, K2! I have the Hasegawa bubbletop kit in the stash, but also the Monogram kit with the KMC update set. Been meaning to drag that one out of the stash for years and get started on it.

Kev

Well, you know me, Kev, I have sort of a "thing" for the Typhoon. A few nights ago I was watching a documentary on the tube, and there was a nice segment of Typhoons swooping in for a rocket attack, and that's all it took. The Monogram kit is perfect for a ceiling hanger, but for my display models, I really prefer the Hasegawa kits, and will eventually do several variations.

Kevin,

Awesome thread my old friend.Truly a remarkable project not mention massive. I'd love to see some of your photographs of the completed Den Fighters hanging from your ceiling . Keep up the excellence my old friend.

Highest Regards,

Gregory Jouette

:yahoo:  :thumbsup:  :yahoo:  :thumbsup:  :yahoo:  :thumbsup:

Thanks, Greg. Unfortunately, many were lost during the move, or are incomplete, so with few exceptions, I've had to start all over again. This Typhoon may well be the first to hang in my new environment.

Thanks, Brian. Well, bombs get some color. These colors are not correct, but it's what I had, so good enough. Much to my horror, last night I discovered that five complete boxes of old Aeromaster warbird enamels are gone, apparently lost in my move last year. Probably a good 60% of those colors were for British types like this Typhoon. I can't begin to convey how utterly frustrating that is.

h4cfRH.jpg

Looking good !.........Harv :popcorn:

Thanks, Harv.

Looks very interesting with a lot of exciting possibilities.

J

Thanks, Jerry. I've been really wanting to get a ceiling queen finished for some time now (ever since I moved in here), and this seemed a perfect candidate.

I'm a hap, hap, happy guy tonight! While searching for something else, I discovered 14 brand new bottles of Aeromaster paint I'd thought to be forever lost. A little German, a little Japanese, a little RAF. I now have both grays to paint my Typhoon, and will use Model Master (or Tamiya) for the green. Boy, this makes me happy.

FqAMKW.jpg

I'm a hap, hap, happy guy tonight! While searching for something else, I discovered 14 brand new bottles of Aeromaster paint I'd thought to be forever lost. A little German, a little Japanese, a little RAF. I now have both grays to paint my Typhoon, and will use Model Master (or Tamiya) for the green. Boy, this makes me happy.

FqAMKW.jpg

Kinda like walking along, casually looking down at the ground and finding a $5 bill! (or maybe even a $20 in this case)

Edited by LSP_Typhoonattack

that's a good win right there, I'm the king of not checking my paint numbers, I write down what I think I need, go to the hobby store curse and swear when they don't have it, only to come home, grab the bottles and look. and then to see that I not only have the paint I needed, but multiples of it. 

Story of my life!!!!!! 

Kinda like walking along, casually looking down at the ground and finding a $5 bill! (or maybe even a $20 in this case)

While I haven't actually looked for any for a while, I suspect these are very hard to find now, sort of like the old Floquil military colors (which I still have a few pristine bottles of).

that's a good win right there, I'm the king of not checking my paint numbers, I write down what I think I need, go to the hobby store curse and swear when they don't have it, only to come home, grab the bottles and look. and then to see that I not only have the paint I needed, but multiples of it. 

Story of my life!!!!!! 

Oh yes, I went on a hunt for good old flat black at the LHS one time, only to find about six brand new bottles already "hiding" in my dungeon.