Den fighters, (forever)

LSP_K2

It turns out that after the move, most of my parts for the already started kits are,... who knows where, so it looks as if I'll have to start fresh, at least until all the missing parts can be located, assuming they're ever located. To that end, I'll be starting this ICM Mustang, as at least it is 100% complete; still in sealed bags in fact. I haven't yet chosen a scheme, so I'll begin searching for that right now. The ICM kit appears to be quite nice, and I believe can be built either as a B or C model.

SFpriT.jpg

Oddly enough, kit gives two different markings, but there's only an illustration of one of the two for decal placement. It also seems that a C model, cannot be built from this kit, so it looks like a B it shall be.

Kevin. glad to see you back at this ! Hope to run into you some time.....Harv :popcorn:

Me too, Harv. I'm intending to attend our regional in September, but I'm not sure if I'll make it or not.

Well, here are the prop templates (11'-2" diameter), for the Mustang. I'll also be making a matching mask to spray blades, as I always seem to muck that up when I do it freehand.

HBl3Pf.jpg

All in all, I'm fairly impressed with the ICM kits; pretty good detailing, fine recessed lines and (where appropriate), rivets. I ran into a very good deal on about twenty of these a few years back, and I've been completely satisfied with every one. Perfect for ceiling queens, that's for sure.

bSslG4.jpg

Instructions call for interior to be yellow (chromate I assume), but I don't believe that's correct, so I'll be going with green, not that it really makes much difference.

• 1 month later...

I'm in a Typhoon sort of mood (sounds like a song title!) To that end, I dragged out my two known 1:48 scale kits (I may also have a couple of Monogram kits buried around here somewhere, I'm really not sure) to get a start. I vaguely recall that the bubble top is not a complete kit, as I trashed it pretty bad in the painting process, and left it behind when I moved out.

H86HUK.jpg

Now here was an interesting surprise:... the car door kit is crammed full of AM Typhoon stuff! I won't be using any of it for this ceiling queen though, as that would be a complete waste. Eventually I'll do a bubble top and car door as display models, so I'll use all of this (and more) then.

LmU9zc.jpg

unbeknownst to me, the wings had already been glued up, so I just spent a few minutes cleaning up the seams. More work needs to be done, but I won't get too crazy with it, as experience has taught me that unless it's a huge blunder, no on will ever see it once it's hung up anyway. I will put some serious effort into the airframe painting/weathering though, as that certainly will show. Light tent was already setup for taking photos of the Mosquito, but as I suspected, I'll need to switch to the much larger tent, and that still may not be large enough.

5h5nK1.jpg