Den fighters, (forever)

LSP_K2

OK, so much for staying focused in 2013. :blush: In an effort to renew my ongoing project for my den, I've decided to add a couple of Mig-3's into the mix. I already had these kits laying around, so no out of pocket expense there, and that's a good thing.

zd9yZp.jpg

The scheme for one, probably winter white for the other. (Image liberated from the Osprey Mig-3 Aces book.)

Ug0hWH.jpg

OK, according to my limited references, pit on the Mig-3 was a light blue, similar to the bottom color (but not the same), so I have painted it accordingly. (This is the Trumpeter kit that will be in a winter white scheme, and loaded with RS-82 rockets.)

wH8sUC.jpg

These are the schemes provided in the Trumpeter kit, but again the decals are a pale pinkish color, and not red as they should be, so I'll have to continue to raid the Aeromaster sheets for insignias, as I did on the Eduard Yak.

CpZyHo.jpg

• 1 year later...

Yet another of my many ambitions, is to resume work on some ceiling queens for my new environment. To that end, here's a Tamiya Mustang getting closer to the paint stage. (Photos taken at the old residence, but never uploaded.) Pilot looks kind of funky, but will never really be seen anyway, so I'm OK with it.

VcTnIn.jpg

ZJUrr1.jpg

i9yxHP.jpg

Neat! I almost forgot about this one K2.............  :popcorn:

Yea, it's taken a while for the aftermath of the move to settle, but now I think it's time to resume work on these. Some are still packed away, but some are here, as well as a few I haven't even started yet.