Den fighters, (forever)

LSP_K2

• 3 weeks later...

While I'm waiting for paint to dry elsewhere, I decided that since I've now found the wayward parts for this Mosquito, that I'd start painting it instead. Using some old Aeromaster paint that I have several bottles of, I've now painted the bottom Light Sea Gray.

Ccyem7.jpg

Ura MACHINE Kev!

Im really enjoying this. Each looks really great and considering the method and time built (comparatively speaking) im actually quite envious, as my AMS usually always gets the better of me. sad.gif

Brian

I love painting Brian, so it's fun for me at this point. As far as AMS is concerned, I'm hot and cold. Since these fighters are all about fun, I'm rather easily able to resist any desire to add anything to them.

You are having just too much fun!

Why aren't you flagellating yourself by putting in every panel line and invisible-when-complete interior detail in place?

You have learned the meaning of the phrase, "enjoy your hobby".

I am enjoying watching this build.

Stephen

You are having just too much fun!

Why aren't you flagellating yourself by putting in every panel line and invisible-when-complete interior detail in place?

You have learned the meaning of the phrase, "enjoy your hobby".

I am enjoying watching this build.

Stephen

I'm absolutely trying to avoid getting silly with details on this project. And as for fun, oh yes, I'm having a blast with all these little guys. I have the Tamiya FB MkVI to do also, chock full of AM, but this old Monogram kit is wonderfully simple and fast to construct. Since I like the Mosquito so much, I'm playing with different methods to paint it, hopefully learning something in the process that I can use (or not), on the Tamiya (then later the Airfix), kits.

For all the other fighters, they're a mix of Monogram, Revell, Otaki/Arii, Fujimi, Hasegawa, Tamiya, ICM, Eduard, Hobbycraft, and AMT. I hope to have twelve (six pairs), finished by the end of this year, which seems real doable at this point.

Minorish update. While waiting for paint to cure elsewhere, I thought I'd resume painting Mosquito. It appears to me that at least part of the interior canopy tubing will be visible as interior green, so entire area was painted that way. Greenish areas will then be masked off, and exterior colors painted on remainder of canopy area. I've also given topside the first coat of medium sea gray. Tomorrow it gets the green!

gOkacT.jpg

Kevin,

That is coming along Nicely...Good, impressive work..

NICE :clap2: :clap2:

Thanks for looking in. Well, green is now laid on, but in retrospect I think free handing this was a mistake. Oh well, good enough for a ceiling queen I guess. (I still have to touch up using the medium sea gray.)

seKgSF.jpg