Den fighters, (forever)

LSP_K2

Kevin

The Yak looks great my friend. I kind of like the two tone gray camouflage scheme myself.I really looking forward to seeing more of the Mossie.

Highest Regards,

Gregory Jouette

Thanks Greg. I think I'm going to strip off those awful Eduard (Techmod), decals, and redo with darker stars. After the Typhoon, the Mosquito is my next favorite WWII British subject, so I'll probably spend a bit more time on it to try and really make it look cool.

Nice stuff. Love the overall look combined with the end result and speed of getting these done.

I always wished I could do some or even A gear up, OOB pilot it type build, but my AMS always seems to take over and I end up turning it into another saga........

How do you remember to keep it simple but end up with such great results?

Brian

How do you remember to keep it simple but end up with such great results?

Brian

Thanks Brian. I suppose the answer is "minimal detail". I am concentrating almost 100% of my efforts on the exteriors, and trying some new stuff while doing so, learning more (I hope), that I can then apply to my larger, more serious projects. A dozen or more of these kits were assembled, then prepped last summer while I sat out on the patio, grilling, and enjoying the weather. Following this mass production sort of concept, I'll give washes and final weathering to about four at a time too. Either way, I'm having a blast with these slammers, and will start painting the Mosquito Monday; this weekend, like last, will be devoted to my 1:32 Mig 21.

Guest Peterpools

Hi Kev

The Yak is looking great in cammo and the Aeromaster decals look perfect as compared to the way too light Eduard Re Stars. She sure is looking mighty fine!

Peter

Hi Kev
The Yak is looking great in cammo and the Aeromaster decals look perfect as compared to the way too light Eduard Re Stars. She sure is looking mighty fine!

Peter

Thanks, Peter. I think it'll look cool after weathering, hanging almost completely inverted, as I intend to display it.

Once Mosquito is painted and decals added, I'll gloss coat all decals on the George, FW 190, Yak and this aircraft, in preparation for weathering (all four), and final details. Props for all will all be painted in one session also, then I'll move onto the next batch of kits.

(I feel like a little kid again.) smile.gif