Den fighters, (forever)

LSP_K2

NOICE!

As fast as ur workin Kev I think a lil "Russ" has gotten into ya!

Looking great............and looking forward to more. wink.gif

Brian

Odd that you mention that Brian, I think about Russ every once in a while. I admired, and miss, his zeal.

I couldn't stand it anymore, so I went ahead and painted the dark gray camo. Not the best job in the world admittedly, but I can certainly live with it.

I dunno. I like the paint job. Lets not forget the conditions under which the real planes were painted, often in the field, back 69 years ago.

Stephen

I dunno. I like the paint job. Lets not forget the conditions under which the real planes were painted, often in the field, back 69 years ago.

Stephen

Agreed. It's just that I'm so critical of myself. I suck down way too much coffeine, and that doesn't help at all when airbrushing freehand. Fortunately, since these fighters are destined for the den, and not the contest tables, I can get away with some sloppiness. Ultimately, I still have to be happy with the results, and I believe the Yak looks OK, so I'm a happy pup.

wow Kevin, you're cookin!

If you ever have some spare time and the patience, I'd love an Airbrush 101 from you.

Sure, we could do that. I've been wanting to build a painting jig for quite some time now. That way, I could paint with both hands, one steadying the other. I get my best results that way, when I'm able to use that method.

Now that the weekend has more than come and gone, I think I'm going to get back on the Yak; I'd really like to add the decals to that baby. Speaking of decals, I grabbed this sheet for a couple more Fw 190's I intend to add to the fray.

i48bCn.jpg

Edited by LSP_Typhoonattack

Aha. I recognized that Rembrandt painting: "De Staalmeesters" on the side and got curious.

And because I'm a dutchie myself smile.gif

Cheers

I had an uncle that smoked cigars all the time, so I have a bunch of these boxes for storing small parts and such.