Revell Ju 88A-1 of 3./Kampfgeschwader 30

WrongWay

After taking a long break away from building I have decided to start fresh and build Revell's Ju 88A-1. Here is just the start of what I hope will turn into a nice model. I'll be using Montex masks and various resin and pe bits from Eduard and MDC. I've also got the Master barrles set for it. Should be a fun build.

Here are some early progress shots. More will be coming soon.

IMG_8481.jpg

IMG_8430.jpg

IMG_8453.jpg

IMG_8492.jpg

Still plugging away on the 88 cockpit. I'm working on the side walls now and hope to install it into the fuselage soon. Here is just a small update.

MG magazines are by quickboost. I've drilled out all of the holes used to lighten up the various structures and added hydraulic lines to the rudder pedals.

IMG_8526.jpg

IMG_8527.jpg

IMG_8535.jpg

Thanks for the kind words guys! I'm getting much closer to finishing the complex cockpit now. At the moment I'm working on the seatbelts and adding all the levers and placards to the sides of the cockpit. I'll probably add some detail in the tail wheel bay also before I close it all up. I can't wait for it to start looking like an airplane! B)

Here the station for the bombardier has been added. The wood panel is a pe piece from the Eduard set. I painted it desert yellow and then washed it with a burnt umber and ochre yellow oil paint mix.

IMG_8550.jpg

IMG_8556.jpg

I still need to add the eyepiece to the bomb sight.

IMG_8557.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've finally got some free time again so here is a little update on the 88. Some progress is better than no progress!

The cockpit is still not glued in at this time as I'm working on the cicuit breaker boxes. I also plan to add a little detail to the tail wheel bay.

IMG_8698.jpg

IMG_8697.jpg

IMG_8696.jpg

IMG_8694.jpg

Cheers,

Don

Hi Don,

Another great model in progress, nice to see you back at the table again. :popcorn:

Regards

Richard

Cheers Richard! Now if I can only stay at the table long enough to finish something. :D Getting back was the easy part!

Cheers,

Don