HobbyBoss1/32 F-84E

Michael Satin

At Ron's suggestion, here are some photos of my just completed HobbyBoss 1/32 F-84E:

finished1.jpg

finished3.jpg

finished2.jpg

PB190088.jpg

PB190089.jpg

PB190091.jpg

That last one is just a family portrait (I'll get along to the F-105 and A-10 in a few years :whistle: ).

The model is out of the box except for a set of Eduard seat belts, I even used the kit decals which are pretty nice if a bit brittle. They sure settle down well under a coat of MicroSol! I read on Modeling Madness that it's a good idea to cut the big ones (specifically the wing USAF) into pieces, which is good advice! The tail decal is tricky to line up and not quite deep enough to go all the way to the trailing edge. Forewarned about that (again, thanks Scott at MM!), I pre-painted the trailing edge white and then touched up the red stripes after the decal was on.

I painted it using good old Floquil Bright Silver with some Old Silver panels. I think it looks fine that way and that's a lot less complicated than some of the metalizers on the market (I had a very bad experience last time I used Alclad), and cheaper too!

Anyway, hope you all like it. Next, Tamiya P-51D in Israeli Air Force markings!

Michael

Edited by Michael Satin

Guest Peterpools

Michael

Wonderful build and NMF on the Thunderjet. Decaling looks perfect as well.

Peter

:speak_cool: :speak_cool:

Edited by Peterpools

Awesome job, Mike!! I see that you have a fondness for all things Republic- Same here! I was born and raised about 10 miles from the factory, so I guess it kinda figures- I'm building a 1/32 XF-103 at the moment- the most awesome thing that Republic never built!! I hope to see you at the meeting this Wednesday at the cop shop- Cheers,

Chesley