German twin : Vac Do-335 nightfighter

Loic

Thanks Jamme,

Your F-104 is looking great too !

OK, before I switch to something else onthat build and despite I still have all the riveting and surface detailling to do in this pit, I wanted to share a few pics of the radar operator office "assembled".

Remember:

- It is all dry fitted hence the poor adjustment as I wanted to use as little glue as possible for obvious reasons...

- The elements may not all be in their final location as I am still trying to find out how they are connected to eachother ... any help would be welcome !

- all the plumbing/wirring is missing as if it gets to casting, it wont be included I think.

The main parts:

DSC02818_zps1f9a2eb0.jpg

Left side:

DSC02821_zps5ac2c804.jpg

DSC02823_zps5257a13c.jpg

Right side:

DSC02822_zpsa1259689.jpg

DSC02819_zpsf8fcb2e0.jpg

And finaly some sort of "pilot" view:

DSC02820_zps3a32a847.jpg

Tell me what you guys think ( good or bad ;) ) and if you have any sort of intel whereas how these radar stuffs are connected to each other, please contact me !

Thanks Jamme,

Your F-104 is looking great too !

OK, before I switch to something else onthat build and despite I still have all the riveting and surface detailling to do in this pit, I wanted to share a few pics of the radar operator office "assembled".

Remember:

- It is all dry fitted hence the poor adjustment as I wanted to use as little glue as possible for obvious reasons...

- The elements may not all be in their final location as I am still trying to find out how they are connected to eachother ... any help would be welcome !

- all the plumbing/wirring is missing as if it gets to casting, it wont be included I think.

The main parts:

DSC02818_zps1f9a2eb0.jpg

Left side:

DSC02821_zps5ac2c804.jpg

DSC02823_zps5257a13c.jpg

Right side:

DSC02822_zpsa1259689.jpg

DSC02819_zpsf8fcb2e0.jpg

And finaly some sort of "pilot" view:

DSC02820_zps3a32a847.jpg

Tell me what you guys think ( good or bad ;) ) and if you have any sort of intel whereas how these radar stuffs are connected to each other, please contact me !

That's an odd question..... good or bad? This is awesome stuff!!!

Thanks guys, it is much appreciated!

Ferry,

I really mean it, even if something may looks good, there is always space for improvement so feel free !

Jamme,

you are such a reliable supporter ;)

Derek,

my friend, it is people like you, Jerry and Radu (just to quote a few) who inspire me on a daily basis...

Harrison90,

thanks for passing by and for letting a few words... erhhhh... signs ...   ;)

"Ferry,

I really mean it, even if something may looks good, there is always space for improvement so feel free !"

Thanks, and I know what you mean but for an average modeller like me with next to none knowledge on this plane this oustanding job can't be judged. I just enjoy your posts and get inspiration from them for which I must give you a big thumbs up!

Fair enough Ferry ;)

Well, I have spent all yesterday dismantelling the front end assembly meaning front pit, central beam and front Wheel bay and clean all the resulting parts.

The problem with my initial work was that it was not designed to be casted and some parts were common to several elements like ie the rear bulkhead of the front pit was the front bulkhead of the rear pit... and that was not too good.

Also, some elements were directly glued on the main beam assembly which was even worst.

So everything was separeted ... front pit :

DSC02827_zps9b44b775.jpg

Wheel bay...

DSC02828_zps6bf4d6b9.jpg

The job was hard as the assembly was strong ... and the cleaning was a full time job ... but anyway, I started to rework the wheel bay main structure and here is what we have now.

This is what it looks like when assembled:

DSC02829_zps88044978.jpg

DSC02830_zps4682c95c.jpg

DSC02832_zps2bf49849.jpg

I could not avoid to have the front pit floor and upper side of the wheel bay comon ... but all the rest has been "separeted".

Next will be detailling here again  ;)

Thanks for following chaps !

Edited by Loic

Mark, Tom,Harvey,

many, many thanks for your comments guys ;)

Last update before going back to work tomorow... my pace will have to slow down slightly guys  :(

Anyway... the side walls were trimed down to fit into the fuselage and more structure was added into the wheel well:

DSC02833_zps5eed5a07.jpg

DSC02834_zpsc92b0134.jpg

More to come as soon as I can get back to it  ;)

Indeed Jerry !

I try to move from pit to engine to wheel bay and switch from main frame to detailling work in order to keep motivation at its best level... depending on the mood of the day   :)

Small progess on the front wheel bay... still a lot of things to do but I thought an "intermediate" update might be interresting.

DSC02835_zps756589da.jpg

DSC02836_zps0c5f7165.jpg

DSC02837_zps43ae05eb.jpg

Hope you guys still like it  ;)