German twin : Vac Do-335 nightfighter

Loic

Had to blink a few times because at first I thought the first pic was your stuff! I was about to give up modeling altogether. I have come to expect work that good from you.  Not sayin the scratchbuilt stuff is bad. It is awesome. Just easy to tell it without paint is all.

Interesting to me is the light color of paint on the original equipment. I always thought it was darker?

J

Guest Peterpools

Loic

Same here, as your work is just awesome. The final photos of the equipment are just amazing.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Many, many thanks guys ;)

All I can say is that rear pit is litteraly crowded !

The area is rather small for a start and then, all those radio/radar equipment makes it as full as an egg !

Hi guys,

short update for today.

Looking at the main radar board that was made a while back, I found that it had 2 major issues:

- it was made of 2 boxes the one on top of the other

- its depth was far to small compared to the real thing

So, I decided to modify this unit and take the opportunity to slightly re-arrange the board by switchin the right and left units:

DSC02815_zpsd3387444.jpg

Now that the radar operator has "toys" to play with when flying at night, I thought it would be good for him to have the basic survival items also... so we have oxygen regulator as a start. I imagined that because this bird was a kind of prototype, it did not have all the stuffs properly integrated but rather put here and there where they fit... so I imagined they took a Me 109 Oxygen regulator to fit in the rear pit.

DSC02817_zpsa45cf0fa.jpg

I am now looking for pics of the basic radio system the radar operator could have used to talk with the pilot... any help would be welcome guys ;)

Thanks for watching,

Nice eye for detail. Msr. Eduard Detaille would be proud!  I had noticed the radar box was too shallow but I don't like to make fiddly bit comments on scratchbuilding. I am happy to see you saw it as well! I have that confidence in you buddy,

J