German twin : Vac Do-335 nightfighter

Loic

I hope your little girls get all that they asked for from Santa!

Lee

I hope not Lee unless I will have to buy a new house to store everything :rolleyes:

Thanks again for the kind words guys.

I have enjoying very much this project and I am glad you show interest into it too.

Have a nice Christmas!

Hi guys,

thanks for all the kind words.

I am just back from my "social vacations" at my parents and at my parents in law...

I missed working on my little vac kit... but I had lots of free time and went through one very cool book of mine dedicated to WWII German night-fighters :evil_laugh:

Over 300 pages dealing with absolutly all you need to know about german night-fighters...

bring lots (too many indeed ! ) of new ideas... not even talking about that Me-110 I just ordered nor the He-219 coming next year ;)

I wont be able to do much before early next week I am afraid as I have all this popular pressure on me to get drunk tomorrow night ... so I will have to organise it in the day and I will need all sunday to get back to life! Just jocking, I am not a drinker (not too much) but I will be busy the next to days as you know ;)

Hi guys,

I recived the CMK engines today: they look gorgeous but... but they are way too small I am afraid.

I have been warned by Mattlow a while back and he was right :BANGHEAD2:

The point is that they are too short by about 10mm so they look so small within the rear engine area...

I will fin an other usage for this nice little pair :evil_laugh: but I need a new plan for the Do-335 now :closedeyes:

hey loic

happy new year! The 335 is looking very nice indeed

shame about the engines - my dad has bought the vacform kit as well after reading your build thread! He also bought a couple of CMK Daimler engines - I guess he will be a little pissed off to find they are too small :rolleyes:

Do you know that Aires also make the engines you need? I don't know if they are the same size (ie too small) - maybe another forum member could clear this up?

Hi Rich,

Happy new year to you too mate. I am glad I may have inspired your dad ! It is a really nice vac kit I think.

The CMK DB-605 are OK for DB-605 size wise. They are only too small as a base for DB-603.

They are very nice looking engine really, it is just that the real 603 is a "body builded" 605 if I can say so.

I did convince myself it would be OK in scale but the differences are really noticable I must admit.

I will look for this aires kit.

Hi Rich,

Happy new year to you too mate. I am glad I may have inspired your dad ! It is a really nice vac kit I think.

The CMK DB-605 are OK for DB-605 size wise. They are only too small as a base for DB-603.

They are very nice looking engine really, it is just that the real 603 is a "body builded" 605 if I can say so.

I did convince myself it would be OK in scale but the differences are really noticable I must admit.

I will look for this aires kit.

MDC make a 605 http://www.modeldesignconstruction.co.uk/mall/productpage.cfm/ModelDesignConstruction/_CV32025/54288/DB605%20engine I have one so if you want I can measure it?

Edited by Kagemusha

loïc, first of all a very happy new year, and i think 2012 will be the outcome of your perfect 335.

I'm impressed with your "tutorial" so to speak, very neatly done detailing, and precise assembling, very good job, i like it very much.

cheers,

Jack.

Thanks a lot but I am afraid that if the MDC kit is accurate (which I belive it is) it wont work.

I am working on the subject and I will try to post drawings or pics to illustrate the differences.

Lesson learned today : always listen to what Mattlow says before spending your own money ;)

Hi there,

just a few words to say I have been quite busy at work and home those days but I managed to work out an explaination about the engine size differences.

I will post tomorrow cause it is getting quite late here now.

Thanks for following ;)