IAF P-51D

Michael Satin

And the Tamiya 1/32 P-51D is finished!

Ptside.jpg

Stbdside.jpgTop.jpg

Stbdcowlopen.jpg

engine.jpg

Done out of the box with Sky's Decals markings for the first Israeli Mustang.

It's definitely a great kit but care is certainly needed. Line up everything carefully or it will come back to bite you later. The engine compartment is a bit bare without wiring and the cowl panels are interesting, the cowling especially won't come off once the prop is on unless you pull the prop off a bit (which as it's held on by a poly cap, you can do). The canopy is held down in the back but not the front, so if you turn the model over it just flops open.

Certainly a highly recommended kit! Thanks for the great Group Build and I look forward to watching the rest of the models!

Michael

Ron,

Thanks! Just FYI, I can't find a link to look at the gallery anywhere but in your post. Is it listed somewhere in the regular Forum table of contents or is access limited on purpose?

Just askin'!

Michael

Michael, if you click on the link in the breadcrumbs (at the top of the page) labelled "Group Builds", you'll see all the GB forums in one place, plus all the gallery forums below them.

Let me know if you still can't find them.

Kev

Michael, if you click on the link in the breadcrumbs (at the top of the page) labelled "Group Builds", you'll see all the GB forums in one place, plus all the gallery forums below them.

Let me know if you still can't find them.

Kev

Ah, finally found it! Must scroll down...

Thanks again!

Michael