Captain Jones' Winnie the Pooh

Kyrre

If I were you guys, I would have a long, hard think about your actions, or lack thereof. Because obviously, this wasn't my fault.

:rolleyes:

:rofl:

Good work mate. I confess I never noticed the undercarriage problem. Kudos to David for the gentle nudge.

Kev

Thanks guys.

A small update. The P is made from a D and needs a wee touchup. I found out that the Tamiya decals aren't half bad, actually. I had to get some stencilling from the Tamiyasheets.

IMG_7305.jpg

IMG_7299.jpg

• 1 year later...

A year went past. All of a sudden I was a full time student and found no time to finish any models. Studies are coming to an end and with the last exam out of the way I'm ready to take on my Mustang and finish it.

Where it all stopped back then were the lack of proper early wheels/tires and that complicated nose art I was planning for my kit. Roy Sutherland came to rescue with awesome wheels, which have been primed, and the nose art I just sat down and did yesterday.

Frank C Jones seems to have been a superstitious pilot, since he always brought the teddybear from his fiancee, and since he painted a 4 leaf clover on his P-51B, so with that in mind I thought I'd do his P-51D with a freshly applied nose art similar to the one on his last plane. With a few changes for being on a bare metal aircraft.

Painted with acrylics and a 00 brush. A test - kind of fun - and now it's done. On with the rest!

Jones on the left, in an image found on the web.

FrankjonesP51B.jpg

My interpretation as it theoretically could have been applied to his new plane.

IMG_6156-1.jpg

Man, so much fiddly stuff to do when you're approaching the end of a project. Decals, painting those propellers (Never fun, but they were sprayed white, then yellow, yellow masked off, then Gunze Tire Black). The spinner was sprayed yellow to even out colours (when I was working on the propeller) and then I reapplied some Testors Acrylic Red to get an even colour).

The most difficult task was actually to do the serial on the tail. It's supposed to be 414027. I had all numbers except 2. Was confident that the Tally Ho US serials would do it, but the numbers are too thick. So I made the 2 out of a 3 and a 5. I might fix that unintentional stencil line in the 2. Or maybe not.

Oh, I think I did drill out all the holes in the lower cowling intakes some time ago. Looks a lot better than the solid piece from Tamiya.

IMG_6163.jpg

IMG_6169.jpg

• 2 years later...