Tamiya A6M3 Model 22 Conversion

Anthony in NZ

OK mate, you talked me into it! :help:

Looks like you will see some more Zeke action then Kev!

No need to hurry Mal, you think you are slow.....errrrr have you seen when I started this thread! Lol this is just what I need to finish her up I feel. But I am warning you I am not fast either so don't panic :frantic:

Just getting her out of the cabinet now!

Back with an update soon I hope.  I just need to figure out where I am up to, what I have and what I need to finish etc...

Cheers

Anthony

Ok gents, some quick questions I need help here....

This is a Mitsubishi built machine

Firewall, Aotoke Blue ?

Undercarriage bays =underside grey?

Cowl interior?

This was a land based machine, would it have had the well for the tailhook or faired over?

Rear decking behind cockpit=Mitsi Black/blue colour?

Flap bays=Aotoke Blue?

Any answers to these questions would be awesome

Cheers

Anthony

Hi Anthony

there are some answers for your questions:

Undercarriage bays - should be the same colour (Hairyokushoku) as the lower camouflage.

The cockpit decking - should be painted black/blue colour, close to FS 15042.

Cowling - outside/inside the same black/blue colour close to FS 15042.

Firewall - Aotake

Mirek

Edited by kuky76

why all these questions  about paints when there is a beautiful helicopter waiting to get finished....c'mon  dude you are killing me.

oliver

Lol, yes mate it is coming, in fact I repainted the centre consul last week. Do you know where I can get teeny tiny stencilling??

Mirek, thank you mate! That is a great help to get me on my way!

Cheers

Anthony

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Looking at Mals build I realised I had not updated this one in a long time. So I quickly snapped a pic of her in the cabinet to show she is about ready to paint.

IMG_0499_zpsc63c53c6.jpg

I have scratched a new firewall and inner u/c bits.....must finish this one day. Especially since the hard conversion work is now done and all the resin bits are in...

Oh Plasticsurgeon, it is a Mitsubishi built plane

Cheers

Anthony

EDIT: forgot to attach pic!

Slightly off topic, but is that an HKGFS Plaque in your display case?

Hi guys....sorry another question.  What colour would the prop be do you reckon? I cant tell from those black and white photos.

It should be brown on the backside...

I got a link from Mirek, (LSP Kuky76) on a thread that discuss this on my build thread and there is great pics.

http://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=85149&start=135

/Mal

Thanks guys, that is all great info!

However my machine has dark blades so I was thinking very dk brown(almost black) with yellow stripes?

piva4.jpg

Mal, that looks like a great thread, I am going to go and have a decent look soon...thank you.

Thomas, thanks for the compliment, it has been on the shelf of doom for a long time.  The Airfix Mosquito was getting intense with riveting the ailerons so I needed a change of scenery.

Le Lapin Mal, youe mate you have got great spotting skills!  I am rebuilding ex RHKAAF/HKGFS Auster WE552/HKG-4 to fly.  She has suffered badly at the hands of vandals, weather and would be restorers over the years but she is now way back on track to being in full airworthy health again. She has been a ground up rebuild to stock military config. Still a long way to go but I am making good steady consistent progress.  I would love to get the fuse fabriced next year some time. My bird was regularly flown by Sir Adrian Swire and SQN Ldr Ross Penlington.  Adrian gave me his pilots notes and Val (Ross's widow) gave me his pilots notes and several other bits n pieces.

Now you can see why it takes me so long to progress on model planes!

Cheers guys

Anthony