Tomek

M24 Chaffee (WAK)

Guest Peterpools

Tomek

Holy Cow, the detail on the drivers window is something you never see and footprints .. another first for sure. Thank you for the inof on CorelCraw, something to look into for sure

Keep 'em coming

peter

Hi mate just catching up with this glad to see you back at the Paper Mill.

Stunning work and love the illustration work. Tomek if you have a phot package (Photoshop) – Try pulling your image into it. Think Corel make their own version, which would be a lot cheaper. It's easier to add some texture, shadow, stains, stitching etc.

Pretty cool and I like that a lot – keep um coming Taff :D 

Tomek,

EXQUISITE work. ..I keep forgetting its paper and card because it's just out of this world.

Absolutely ADTOUNDING..

Tomek, I was wondering , could you not put whatever ink you are using or paint or mud thing to make a boot print by using your own thumb print and fashion the boot print..you will have the FIngerprint lines so you could fashion boot print with that just a thought/idea.or your small finger print.

Keep up the Amazing build..

:wow: :bow:

Thanks for your warm comments  ^_^

Taffy, thanks for looking in. Yeah, I could use Photoshop, but I'm really out of touch with the new version - last one I used was 2 or something. For now, I'm commited to learn Corel. I just found that in the Corel suit there is a module, Photo-Paint, that have similar functionality as Photoshop. I wanted to do some overspray of the lettering on the crates and Photo-Paint may just do the trick. I'll try to update with improved creates when done. I may try as well some stains, etc.

Maru, maybe tweaking finger prints would work, but I don't know if I could get repeatable results - all boot prints should be the same, except the size of course. I think the amount of the paint, as well as its consistency are important (just as in regular stamps). I made here several mistakes for sure. Maybe next time!

Tomek

Fantastic work, you're a wizard with paper, card, scraps etc.

For boot prints, have you considered a stencil? You could then drybrush/scrumble (is that a word?) the mud on through it...

Matt

Thanks guys!

Thanks Matt for the stencil suggestion. I'm not surprised I haven't thought about - after all it's a plastic modeling technique  :DodgeBall: . 

I'll give it a try!

Thinking about arrangement of all the equipment. I wasn't able to reproduce well tow cable myself, so I ordered one. Package on the way. The net was inspired by re-watching TV series Band of Brothers  ;)  

IMG_4168_zps292cb22f.jpg

IMG_4169_zps06769467.jpg

Loic, Mark - thank you for your kind comments!

Ufff! The Chaf is finally done! What a relief  :P . I wish you could see me gluing the last part - I was happy as a 3 year old. It was good experience overall. I learn few things, had plenty of setbacks (I stop counting how many times I had to reattached parts). The tank even survived two drops! The kit itself has it's shortcomings, I added few more, but in the end I think it looks decent. 

Thank you for all of you who chipped in with your advice, encouragement and positive feedback! Nothing was ignored. Even if I did not follow some of your suggestions, I will try them next time for sure.

Time for pics!

IMG_4236_zpsf953efef.jpg

IMG_4252_zps54f52224.jpg

IMG_4253_zpsa69752fc.jpg

IMG_4230_zps26e06809.jpg

IMG_4233_zpsba3e0fa0.jpg

IMG_4240_zps41b4e96d.jpg

IMG_4241_zpsd2e71820.jpg

IMG_4245_zps06d7a5d7.jpg<a

More to come in a second....

Edited by Tomek

The attention to detail on this PAPER/CARD model is out of this world Tomek!!...congratulations on ending up with an absolute masterpiece!....Brilliant Tomek...total Brilliance!!

Fozzy