Revell HE 111 P-1

Guest Nigelr32

Unfortunately no break. I'm not aware that he has continued elsewhere. 

Currently it seems I'm the only one doing a Heinkel he 111 of all the members of this forum. I'd love to see your progress.

I've only gotten as far as starting step #2 - attached the seats and rudder controls but not the yoke yet. Currently out of town for spring break with my kids so won't touch it again until April.

Mine won't be as nice as Nigel's, but I am striving to do as nice as can be done OOB with no scratchbuilding or photoetch. My skills aren't at that level yet. :(

The only changes I will make is to build it wheels-up as I display all my planes in-flight. All my available shelf space is devoted to armor.

Edited by CATCplSlade

Very good that you didn't attach the yoke yet. As you'll notice it doesn't align with the seat. Not very difficult to correct that. 

See what I mean in the second picture of this post: http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=48155&p=526418

Instead of cutting the tube as depicted in that pic, you could for example add a small piece of rectangle to the rectangle holding the yoke. 

Edited by Roy vd M.

Also not a very terrifying small scratchbuild is the raising of the bomber's seat. See same post as linked above. The seat is way too low. If you have that ambition I'd recommend to correct that as well.

I'll give both of those tips a shot for alignment's sake, but the reality for me is that since most all my aircraft are hanging from my ceiling, a lot of that effort will go unnoticed by anyone but me. The fact that the He111 and Ju88 (which kit I also have) have large glass canopies does mean I have to do some detailing in the cockpits but most details will be unnoticed by most who would see my kits.

I am  more saddened by the lack of crewmen than anything, since it appears many of my planes are flown by ghosts. :hmmm:

I found your use of the cake decoration balls to be quite novel and interesting.

Edited by CATCplSlade