Aussie Revell Mirage 1/32..one more before I finish, promise!

ericg

Michael,

I have the left side supersonic tank done and a few copies of it cast. I need to do a mould for the right hand side tank and then they will be ready. A little bit more work to go on the Aero 3b sidewinder pylons. I am about to re do the moulds for the 2 intakes and then they will be ready as well.

Eric.

Hello junkie, the missile matra this very nice, and it is interesting, I am putting together pieces to be able to build my mirage III of revell, and I am interested in the matra missile and its pilon, as you could do to get it?! I'm from argentina.

Follow attentive the project, greetings

Pablo

G'day,

I have been a busy boy scratching some more stuff for the Mirage, I looked at the flaperon actuator covers and thought they could do with a bit of a tidy up. The outer cover also incorporates the missile pylon. I smoothed the original units and scribed/riveted as evident in the photos. I also made an undercut into the join so that they have a much more 3d look to them. I am just waiting on a confirmation on the 1/1 length of the Aero 3B rail and then this will be added to the outer pylon. I am now producing these 2 parts as a pair and offering them for sale. They add a lot more structural rigidity to the wing as an offset for their marginal increase in weight over the originals.

enjoy!

Innercoverrear.jpg

Innercoverfront.jpg

Both.jpg

Outercover.jpg

G'day again! these are my revised intakes, sort of a test shot to see how everything is going to come together. I have made the splitter plate slightly too big on purpose so that any size differences can be catered for. The modeller will be able to assemble the intake and then trim the excess around the outside of the intake and sand smooth. I only need to finish the Right side splitter plate and they will be done. Once i have all the parts ready I will put my wash through the parts so that you guys can see the extra detail.

PA070425.jpg

PA070430.jpg

It is a good idea to master larger parts slightly over scale, as the resin will shrink somewhat. And the rubber will shrink as it cures over time as well. That's why it is tough to get resin parts to be a perfect fit.

Harold

G'day again,

Well after a week of further development, I have now finished the intakes. I have put these pictures up so that those interested can see how I have constructed them so that the modeller is able to easily and quickly upgrade their own Mirage. The process takes no more than 5 minutes per side. I have used the parts as they are, apart from cutting off the pour blocks, and used no filler. Once installed, barely any of the interior of the fuselage is visible through the intake. I have put these on the vendors forum with all of my other Mirage stuff for those interested in purchasing them.

Intake ready to go into fuselage

Rightout.jpg

Halfway in

Rightalmostin.jpg

All the way through

Rightsplitter.jpg

Splitter plate being inserted behind the intake.

Rightsplitterin.jpg

Fitted and glued into position, top and bottom edges of splitter plate sanded smooth. A minimal amount of filler should be used to get a perfect result.

Rightin.jpg

The intakes as they appear from the inside, notice plenty of room for your choice of nose wheel bay.

Intakesinsidefuse.jpg

The completed intake with a wash ran through it.

Leftgeneral.jpg

Leftfront.jpg

Edited by ericg

Kev,

The plates are only very slightly oversized, mostly at the rear to allow for a trim to fit flush with the fuselage. I tried to allow for as easy fitment as possible but due to some variations in the kit, and to make sure they end up as flush as possible, the modeller will have to do a little bit of fitting.

Eric.

Kev,

The plates are only very slightly oversized, mostly at the rear to allow for a trim to fit flush with the fuselage. I tried to allow for as easy fitment as possible but due to some variations in the kit, and to make sure they end up as flush as possible, the modeller will have to do a little bit of fitting.

Eric.

Thanks for the explanation Eric. I think I'll take a set!

Kev