Aussie Revell Mirage 1/32..one more before I finish, promise!

ericg

G'day,

I am building the ancient revell Mirage with the aim of using as little of the kit parts as possible! The only parts that I will be using (at this stage) will be the wings, fuselage, clear parts and some of the drop tanks. Where no aftermarket part exists for it, I will be scratch building the part and casting it in resin. I will be making multiple copies and offering them for sale if there is enough interest.

So lets start. As the nose cone needed re-scribing I decided that I would master it and cast it. This is the end result and I have run a wash through the panel lines to show them up a bit. It adds approx. 10 grams to the front of the model. The kit part was `sharpened' up a bit, panel lines and access panels added and a hole drilled down the end of the nose. As I dont have the same methods as Aires etc, there are a few pinholes but once primed will fill in fine.

P8300039.jpg

wings after a rescribing session. (sorry about the poor pic, battery was running out on the camera)

P8300040.jpg

Stay tuned, lots more coming!

Eric.

Edited by ericg

Fantastic choice for a project Eric, and one I plan to do myself some day.

I will be making multiple copies and offering them for sale if there is enough interest.

Count me in! I already have the Fisher cockpit set, but am interested in whatever else you might come up with.

Kev

Thanks for the comments guys.

At this stage, I will be doing quite a few things with this kit as far as making parts that will be a straight swap for the kit items, just detailed and made a hell of a lot better. My plan will be to make multiple copies of the items that I make and then offer them to you guys. I dont want to make a huge amount of money but I will put them out there at a price that I think is reasonable and that will cover my costs that I incur from making the moulds etc. I recoignise that my methods are not going to be quite as good as Aires or Black Box etc, and my parts will need some pinholes filled (as I stated before, nothing a coat of primer wont fix). I reckon I will go as far as sending them out once I have the payment. If you dont think that the part is worth what I have asked then I will refund the difference no questions asked. If you arent happy with the product at all then I will refund the whole amount and you can keep it. What do you guys think?

I should have some pics of at least one other improvement up later today.

Eric,

if along the way you find you need some RPK 10 detail shots and dimensions, holler!

I live not far from RAAF Williamtown & it's museum so if I can assist let me know.

Hey Kais,

Thanks for the offer mate. I have now finished the master for the 500 Litre supersonic tank and will hopefully get it into resin tonight. I just dont like the way the RPK 10's look! If you can assist me with dimensions of a Matra R530 missile (as in the dimensions that you cant get off google)I will happily sling one your way when I am done.. on the house!

Eric.

Most cool! I will watch with interest as I have a couple of these in the stash. One (someday) will be an a Mirage IIIJ with the retrofitted Snecma Atar.

The other may be an Argie Neshr but that's way in the future.

Tim W.

I'm in and will buy copies of whatever you make for this kit.I have a couple of kits in the stash and I would really like to make an ARDU version one day as I got to ride in one back in 1984.Oh what I would do for a twin seater version!!!

Great job so far with the wings and the new nose cone. Can't wait to see more!! :speak_cool:

Thanks for the comments guys.

At this stage, I will be doing quite a few things with this kit as far as making parts that will be a straight swap for the kit items, just detailed and made a hell of a lot better. My plan will be to make multiple copies of the items that I make and then offer them to you guys. I dont want to make a huge amount of money but I will put them out there at a price that I think is reasonable and that will cover my costs that I incur from making the moulds etc. I recoignise that my methods are not going to be quite as good as Aires or Black Box etc, and my parts will need some pinholes filled (as I stated before, nothing a coat of primer wont fix). I reckon I will go as far as sending them out once I have the payment. If you dont think that the part is worth what I have asked then I will refund the difference no questions asked. If you arent happy with the product at all then I will refund the whole amount and you can keep it. What do you guys think?

I should have some pics of at least one other improvement up later today.

Good for you. That kit needs a lot of help. Let me know if you need anything. I can do casting as well.

I did the masters for the Fisher 'pit set, and was going to more things for it as well. But you are well on your way.

Harold

Edited by Harold